“Convenient location, basic room”

Milford Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Downtown location is really convenient but not very picturesque. Nothing special about the room. Dark with a view of the parking lot. Bed was comfortable and room was clean. Hated that can't adjust the AC temp yourself. Service at breakfast was very friendly and helpful. Food ok.

Room Tip: I don't know
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelemaki
amandaguest, Front Office Manager at Milford Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

We were pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Staff went out of their way to help, rooms large and comfortable, suggestive of a 5 star rating, ample parking, good food in the retaurant. Actually very difficult to find fault with the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank HarryAngstrom1

All our team would like to thank you for your note and for your nice comments on our hotel.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that your expectations were met and exceeded.

We look very much forward to welcoming you back again soon to Milford Hall Hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2011

The Milford Hall Hotel is in an excellent positon just a 5 min walk to the city centre. It has a free car park with just enough spaces. The ckeck in was very quick and all the staff are very friendley and polite.

Our standard room on the 2nd floor was a very good size and had everything you needed and more. It looked like it had recentley been refurbished the only very small gripe I would say is that the bathroom could have done with a lick of paint when the bedroom was being done however everything was beautifully clean.
The bathroom towels were huge, white and fluffy!

The choice at breakfast was excellent from the cold buffet you could have fruit, selection of meats, cheese, yogurts, cereals and juice. The hot buffet consisted of sausages, bacon, black pudding, fried bread, hash browns, grilled tomatoes, beans and mushrooms plus you could order kippers, haddock, omellette or bagels.

We didn't have an evening meal in the hotel but I had already booked up to go back in August for our wedding anniversary and this time we ar going on a half board basis.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurreyLindaC

Thank you for your great comments about the Hotel and our staff, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been passed forward to our staff who, I know will greatly appreciate it too.

with reference to your little gripe we are now in the final stages of having all our bathrooms refurbished as you will see on your next visit to Milford Hall Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future!

Amanda Guest

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We booked this hotel for a function weekend on behalf of our lodge with guests of 50 plus people. To be honest it would be difficult to fault it. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and polite especially as one of our party was disabled. Ali, who is the events organiser was a star and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and the beds were extremely comfortable. It's in an ideal location for visiting the area and is within walking distance of the town and Salisbury Cathedral. We'll definitely be going back, I understand they do some themed weekends with tribute acts that look like fun. :0)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresa06

Thank you for your fantastic comments about our hotel and the staff. I was glad to read that you all liked the hotel and that our staff were firendly and attentive. I agree with you that the location is great as it offers many shops and tourist attractions to spoil yourself in your free time.

We do hope you can make it to one of our tribute weekends, we have some great acts coming up.
Once again thank you for your great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Milford Hall Hotel soon!

Amanda Guest

Reviewed 9 June 2011

I booked the Milford Hall hotel on the strength of previous reviews on TripAdvisor and, as usual, was not let down. When I arrived at check in my booking (via Laterooms) was not immediately visible on the hotel's computer but not only was I booked in I was also given an upgrade. The car park was pretty full due to an ongoing conference and I'd left my car in a place which would doubtless cause problems for other drivers. This was not an issue and my keys were kept on reception so that they could move my car when the conference goers eventually left.

The room I was allocated was well appointed with a huge double bed, flat screen tv and digital radio. The bathroom had all of the usual fixtures and fittings. The room was impeccably clean.

If I have one minor niggle it is that the free wi-fi connection was not working but I think the hotel was having computer issues.

I cannot recommend the restaurant at Milford Hall highly enough, not just for the food - which is excellent - but for the incredibly welcoming nature of the waitresses. Happy, smiley people who interact well with the customers and provide a knowledgeable and efficient service.

Overall the Milford Hall Hotel is a superb establishment, mainly because of the people who work there. This is the sort of hotel that tv's Hotel Inspector should use as an example to others on how the hotel business should be in the UK. It doesn't take a five star building to provide five star service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Timelord1212
amandaguest, Front Office Manager at Milford Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Thank you for your great comments about our team and the Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. "This is the sort of hotel that tv's Hotel Inspector should use as an example" - High praise indeed and we thank you!

We we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 June 2011

If hotels are defined by the quality of their staff Milford Hall Hotel is one of the best. All staff, without exception, were smiley, welcoming, friendly and gave the impression that they enjoyed doing their best to make guests' stays as pleasant as possible. Nothing was ever too much trouble. This extended from the reception staff to the waiters and waitresses and the housekeeping staff. The food in the restaurant was extremely good and excellent value. It is no wonder that it it so popular with non residents. We stayed in an executive room which was very comfortable and well appointed. We have already recommended this hotel to friends and family and would recommend Salisbury as a worthwhile city for a break as it is close to some beautiful countryside, has a great market and is interesting in itself.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tonyDSomerset

Thank you for your fantastic comments about Milford Hall Hotel and its team. I was glad to read that you liked the hotel and that our team were firendly and attentive. I agree with you that the location is great as it offers many wonderful tourist attractions and so much more...

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends and family back to Milford Hall Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

My husband and I both felt that it was the nicest British hotel we had ever stayed in. All the staff were so professional and at the same time truly warm and welcoming. The food was amazingly good. I ate the best home-cooked chips I hve ever tasted, crispy on the outside and beautifuly soft inside and so hot, they stayed hot to the very last chip. Fantastic! The hot poached figs were divine and the chocolate bread and butter pudding with a whole jug of cream - bliss! My mouth waters as I recall the feast.

Our room was full of character, with a lovely big bathroom; we appreciated the soap and shampoo made in France, not China, lovely luxury! There was an iron and ironing board too. The TV provided excellent Radio 3 and 4 reception as well as the normal tv channels, and there was even an ipod player by the bed. Every possible wish had been provided for. A full size kettle, and real china and spoon, as well as biscuits were another touch we appreciated. The view from the window was lovely, and excellent blackout curtains ensured a sound night's sleep. It was perfectly quiet at night, and the bed was so comfortable, we slept really well. In the morning our favourite newspaper was outside the bedroom door for us. Then the breakfast, with smoked haddock and poached eggs for my husband was the best we have ever eaten in a hotel. The chef is a marvel! Booking was also a joy. I had rung another hotel first, part of a chain, and spoke to Arizona! Sharon, who took my booking, was so efficient and helpful, and sent an immediate email with all essential details. If we return to Salisbury we would hope to be able to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Orlandopippa

Thank you for your great comments about the Hotel and our team, I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments have been passed forward to our staff who, I know will greatly appreciate it too. We are looking forward to welcoming you back one day soon.