Milford Hall Hotel & Spa
US$83
  • Breakfast included
US$115
Hotels.com
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$95
US$148
Best Western Red Lion Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$106
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$89
PremierInn.com
All reviewslime treecream teaexecutive roomtown centregood sizeafternoon teacomfortable hotelsteakbooked this hotelcar parksconesshort breaknight breakkippersgreat weekendwaiting staffhotel is situated
Reviewed 19 July 2008

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel and although the room was immaculate the same could not be said about the restaurant.
It was dirty, had cobwebs hanging from the lights and smelled of stale food. the restaurant looked the same in the evening as it did at breakfast and had a cafe atmosphere.
What is it with the teddy bears sitting among the dusty books on the shelves around the place?
The shower was hard to turn on for our arthritic old hands but a quick mention of this to reception brought a cheery maintenance man who fixed it in a trice, he didn't stop smiling and saying hello all the time we were there, in fact the only smiling member of staff we saw really.

This hotel is really run down and I think the owners are keeping a tight grip on the budget for maximum return.
A few fresh flowers around the place would do so much more for the atmosphere especially in the cafe/ restaurant instead of those hideous plastic efforts.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I don't have anything to add to all the other positive reviews other than to support them. We stayed for one night in June. It was a Sunday, and quiet, but still everything was fine - including an excellent dinner quite late in the deserted restaurant, and good wine at the bar. This hotel is just everything a hotel should be: clean, comfortable large rooms, plenty of easy parking, superb service, good food, free wireless internet (although the signal was a bit weak in our room). It's a little bit of a walk to the Cathedral, and use Satnav to get there!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I recently stayed at the Milford Hall Hotel and attended an ABBA Tribute function. The whole night was fantastic, the entertainment was brilliant, the Food was excellent and the atmosphere electric.

This was topped off by a great night sleep ( I am going to buy a VI-spring bed myself now I know how comfortable they are) and a full english in the Morning-Fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2008

17/06/2008 We booked Milford Hall for my Fathers 80th Birthday Lunch the Fontwell Room for 14 Guests. The chosen menu looked good.
The events manager was very helpful and the room was nice and the table looked great but I am afraid the food was not so great.

To say the meal could have been better is unfortunately an understatement. It is always difficult to complain on the day and we of course did not as nobody wants to spoil a special event and when there are 12 lunches that should have been sent back to the kitchen it is something of a problem – what else can be prepared in time!!

The starter was excellent and we had high hopes but the main course of Roast Beef was appalling. The meat was tough over cooked, black and virtually inedible, my pets get better meat. The Yorkshire pudding was like rubber and all the meals were served cold including the vegetables not one guest was impressed.

The desert a Panna Cotta was not set - more like Panna Cotta custard.
The lunch service was perfunctory, lacking in humour and certainly not within the spirit of the celebration.
I am afraid that I will not be recommending Milford Hall to anybody in relation to the quality of the meals, very second-rate considering that it advertises an AA Rosette.
Very disappointed and when I paid the bill I felt like I had been robbed.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank molleygrand
Reviewed 23 April 2008

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel on three occassions in the past two years and it remains consistently very good and we would not even consider another local hotel for our weekend breaks.
The bedrooms are comfortably furnished, of a good size and the power shower is the right medicine to wake up to after an evening of wining and dining with friends in what are charming surroundings. The food is good, excellently presented and of a belt loosening quantity per portion which is unusual for an AA rosetted restaurant where the modern thinking is so often a huge plate with a small amount of food in the centre of it.
There is a cheerful friendly approach from all of the staff we have come into contact with and it is always nice to see the same staff during our repeat visits.
All in all a very good hotel, well situated in a lovely City. We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple