Milford Hall Hotel & Spa
US$126
US$110
US$99
  • Breakfast included
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$127
US$124
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
US$84
US$74
US$147
Best Western Red Lion Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$106
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewslime treecream teaexecutive roomtown centregood sizeafternoon teacomfortable hotelsteakbooked this hotelcar parksconesshort breaknight breakkippersgreat weekendwaiting staffhotel is situated
Reviewed 11 May 2009

The hotel is walking distance to the centre, is very quiet and has plenty of free parking. The breakfast was very nice and the staff friendly. Overall, for the price we paid - a deal directly from the hotel, this represents good value.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Having read some of the reviews about this hotel, my friend and I were unsure what to expect, however we need not have had any concerns as we found the staff to be welcoming, friendly and helpful, the hotel location was excellent for our needs. We were able to leave the car, enjoy a the short walk to the city centre (about 5 mins) and relax. Our room was large, clean and so quiet and peaceful it was hard to believe we were in the centre of a city. The 2 night break was on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis so we ate in the hotel and were not disappointed; breakfast was more than adequate and offered a fairly extensive choice. The dinner menu was varied, portions generous and staff extremely pleasant. If you want a good quality hotel close to the centre of Salisbury then look no further than this hotel. Looking forward to a return visit as soon as possible.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Because of a golf event stayed here for the third year running.Bedrooms adequate ,complete with £25 Teddy Bear if you want one.Ate in town, good real ale pub (George + Dragon) just up the road.Literally 5 minutes will take you to the cathedral and all that Salisbury has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I’ve stayed at the Milford before and wasn’t impressed. With a degree of trepidation, another stay was on the cards due to work commitments.

In my opinion, this hotel needs to get the basics right and improve customer service. In no particular order:

First night. I had left my suitcase at reception in the morning. I would have thought it would have been placed in my room for my return in the evening. But no, I had to take it up myself. After quick wash, I discovered that there was no large bath towel. No face flannel either. A minor grumble but on the first night, after a day of work, you don’t want to be fumbling around with hand towels or calling Housekeeping.

Second, since my last stay, comfort cooling (air-con) has been placed in the rooms but if I understand correctly, the temperature can only be controlled from Reception. What is the reasoning behind this? Who wants the hassle of phoning Reception to change the room temperature?

Third, Happy Hour in the Bar is called the ‘Grumble Club’. Why? Personally, I would rather experience Happy Hour.

As for the room, reasonable. It’s fairly basic and can be noisy depending on the guests in the adjacent room. The breakfast has improved since my previous stay. Not wishing to sound too critical, improvement was always going to be upward from a low starting point! Danish pastries are now available but these were cinnamon Danish every morning!

I think you can probably gather what a stay at the Milford entails. I won’t be back in a hurry.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights on our way to and from Devon for a short week-end Family event to split up the journey.
The hotel was fine, the check-in was smooth and polite, the room was clean and quiet and we ate in the restaurant one night where the food was tasty but quite expensive for what it was (About £20 for a 10oz steak with sauce)
The location was handy for the town centre and there was parking at the hotel.
Not much more to say, but I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple