“Excellent service”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Birmingham, UK
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

This was an excellent hotel, and even better because of the price (£80 for B&B including a free glass of Pimms!)
I would say that the service was some of the best I have ever received and the food and ambiance in the restaurant was fantastic - we especially liked that they brought out the steak before you ordered so you could decide which kind to have (a 15% discount voucher is also available on their website)
The location of the hotel is very handy if you fancy a walk round Salisbury and there was plenty of free parking available next to the hotel.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the teddy bear on the pillow was a nice touch.
If you're in need of a hotel in/near Salisbury then I'd definitely recommend this one!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sassy1722

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We had a very enjoyable stay. The staff were friendly and efficient and the hotel is very well located, a 5 minute walk from the town centre. There was ample free parking. We thought it was very good value, the breakfast was excellent and we were given a free drink on arrival. The decor is dated but it was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sammy1999
St. Helens, Lancs
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Returned yesterday from a 2 night stay at the Milford Hall.
We booked a special offer of 2 nights B&B including dinner for £180.
There was loads of parking spaces and the check in process was both very efficient but extremely friendly.
The room (31) was a good size with great facilities ie; Tea & Coffee, aircon, ironing board & iron, trouser press, TV & loads of storage space.
It was a 10 minute leisurely paced walk to the main square with several pubs on route!
The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the food excellent, breakfast was also spot on with a great selection of cold & hot items.
We would however have given the place 5 stars except for the following . . .
Cleanliness - was very good but there were 1 or 2 grot spots in the bathroom which was slightly dated.
Service - they obviously employ some very young staff who made quite a few errors when serving dinner & drinks etc but everyone has to start somwere so no big deal there to be honest.
Value - the deal we got was excellent but drinks pices are basically a rip off! 1 Litre bottle of water with dinner £4 so ask for tap water and also a pint and half of lager was over £5.
To sum up, we had a great time and would definately return, which I suppose is the best recommendation you could give.
If anyone would like any info with anything I will gladly do my best to help, just ask.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BobSt_Helens_Lancs
somerset
Reviewed 11 May 2009

The hotel is walking distance to the centre, is very quiet and has plenty of free parking. The breakfast was very nice and the staff friendly. Overall, for the price we paid - a deal directly from the hotel, this represents good value.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Having read some of the reviews about this hotel, my friend and I were unsure what to expect, however we need not have had any concerns as we found the staff to be welcoming, friendly and helpful, the hotel location was excellent for our needs. We were able to leave the car, enjoy a the short walk to the city centre (about 5 mins) and relax. Our room was large, clean and so quiet and peaceful it was hard to believe we were in the centre of a city. The 2 night break was on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis so we ate in the hotel and were not disappointed; breakfast was more than adequate and offered a fairly extensive choice. The dinner menu was varied, portions generous and staff extremely pleasant. If you want a good quality hotel close to the centre of Salisbury then look no further than this hotel. Looking forward to a return visit as soon as possible.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Birmingham U.K
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Because of a golf event stayed here for the third year running.Bedrooms adequate ,complete with £25 Teddy Bear if you want one.Ate in town, good real ale pub (George + Dragon) just up the road.Literally 5 minutes will take you to the cathedral and all that Salisbury has to offer.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I’ve stayed at the Milford before and wasn’t impressed. With a degree of trepidation, another stay was on the cards due to work commitments.

In my opinion, this hotel needs to get the basics right and improve customer service. In no particular order:

First night. I had left my suitcase at reception in the morning. I would have thought it would have been placed in my room for my return in the evening. But no, I had to take it up myself. After quick wash, I discovered that there was no large bath towel. No face flannel either. A minor grumble but on the first night, after a day of work, you don’t want to be fumbling around with hand towels or calling Housekeeping.

Second, since my last stay, comfort cooling (air-con) has been placed in the rooms but if I understand correctly, the temperature can only be controlled from Reception. What is the reasoning behind this? Who wants the hassle of phoning Reception to change the room temperature?

Third, Happy Hour in the Bar is called the ‘Grumble Club’. Why? Personally, I would rather experience Happy Hour.

As for the room, reasonable. It’s fairly basic and can be noisy depending on the guests in the adjacent room. The breakfast has improved since my previous stay. Not wishing to sound too critical, improvement was always going to be upward from a low starting point! Danish pastries are now available but these were cinnamon Danish every morning!

I think you can probably gather what a stay at the Milford entails. I won’t be back in a hurry.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business