Review Highlights
Part of Salisbury History

Usually very good exhibitions held here, and also that of residents past. Lovely litle tea room... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Jane H
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Mostly Lovely

Reviewed 9 February 2019
lenalenalemonverbena
Salisbury, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Salisbury
from US$23.54
from US$10.09
from US$79.38
from US$168.18
More Info
All reviews national trust property tea room nt property small garden drinking glasses nt members pretty garden period furniture glass collection well worth a visit queen anne style room stewards salisbury cathedral tea and cake staff volunteers step back in time stately home
Reviewed 9 February 2019

Really loved visiting Mompesson House and seeing the rooms that some of the scenes from one of my favourite films were filmed in. The staff inside the house were very friendly and informative and happy to chat about the house. There was a small table outside on which little plants were being sold from the garden. There was a box for money with prices on the plants. No one "manned" the table so we put our money in the box and took a small fern. One of the outdoor "staff" appeared as we were leaving and questioned us about the plant and our payment for it. She was a bit pompous and less than friendly which is a shame because I always remember that on what was an otherwise wonderful magical visit.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2019

A beautiful home with interesting connections but Mompesson House, sadly, didn't engage me as many NT homes do. We visited near to closing time and maybe that made for a less than informative visit - feeling the need to rush around. Or maybe I've just been spoilt by so many other beautiful NT properties. It has a beautiful collection of C18th glasses and the garden is a tranquil place to pause and rest

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 28 December 2018

A return visit and I now realise that my first visit must have been shortly after the NT acquired the property. Although not all the rooms were open in early December, I could see the investment that the Trust have made at Mompesson House. A visit is highly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank plymouth
Reviewed 22 December 2018

Saturday 24 November 2018, my husband and I went to visit Mompesson House, it had been 30 years since we had last visited here, when Ted Heath lived across the close and armed guards stood outside his house.

The house has changed over this time, but the joy of seeing the house dressed for Xmas was a magic to behold. Each room was set in a period of time, with the main emphasis on dining and festive fayre.

It was good to relive the history of the house and persons within who gave this lovely home into the care of the National Trust. We took lots of photographs during our three hour visit here.

The house is worth visiting at any time of the year, but it definitely worth when decorated in its festive dressage.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 16 December 2018

The Exhibition superbly highlighted the various dining situations from Georgian up to the 1950,s The reproduction of the various meals was excellent and is well worth a visit to Mompesson House alone.

Date of experience: December 2018