“All ages made to feel at home, especially at breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salisbury
The Old House Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 57 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“All ages made to feel at home, especially at breakfast”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed as a group of three families after a wedding reception about three miles away. Our party included a three year old toddler and a six-month old baby. The room my wife and I chose (for the price!) on the ground floor, as I have a painful knee, was quaint and cosy - with a small, but adequate separate shower and loo within, homely furnishings including lavishly thick curtains - and the bed felt luxurious. My daughter's family, including the baby, chose a bright room with modern bathroom and fireplace - very nice, while my son's family chose another ground floor room (the Family Room) with direct access to the extensive and well-managed garden - we are gardening enthusiasts and had no idea how impressive the garden was until after breakfast - which in itself was a treat for us all. Thinking ahead, our obviously experienced hosts had arranged several tables together in order that our complete party could sit as one and we all thoroughly enjoyed it, including the baby. Plenty of choice, high quality fare and as much as we could eat - with attentive, but not intrusive, service. Overall - excellent - will always make this our first choice for a Salisbury B&B.

Room Tip: If you get the opportunity to choose, do - they all have individual character - ours had an hourly c...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank slugwash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We were referred to The Old House by another B&B in Salisbury where we first tried to book, and were we lucky! Beautifully decorated, filled with personal and interesting items (the pipe collection just to mention one!), and top notch very friendly service by the hostess and the chef-host. Our three children had a double with an extra bed, and a brand new modern en suite bathroom. My wife and I had a very comfy double bed in a Room with that typical English feel - only the Queen Mother were missing! This was the best B&B we stayed in this trip!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Allnipponair
Fukuoka, Japan
Reviewed 29 June 2011

A lot can be said about the exterior of the Old House, it is extremely charming and in the month of June fairly flowery, but the real beauty of the Old House is to be found indoors.
Whilst initially I was a little taken aback by the ages of the proprietors they were exceptionally welcoming and friendly, the lady of the house literally took my wife and I down the garden path to our room in an extension to the main house.
After being trapped in the eaves of a third floor attic room the night before (in a different B&B), being shown into the spacious ground floor room was breathtaking; the decor and beams across the roof, the furnishings, the flat screen TV on the wall for ease of watching from the bed, the comfortably high bed - it all looked wonderful and the room itself felt marvellously cool.
I can't speak highly enough of the Old House and the room in which I stayed, I know that the next time I go to Salisbury, I will book The Old House as far in advance as possible, and stay for longer.
The bathroom was very modern, the shower a high pressure delight inside a glass cubicle. The bed was as comfortable as any bed I've ever slept in, I slept wonderfully.
Breakfast the next morning was delicious, with as much tea and toast as one would wish with an array of preserves and even marmite available, a number of cereals and fresh fruit and of course the ubiquitous fried breakfast - grilled in the Old House. The dining room was beautifully decorated with China plates and dishes adorning the walls.
Sadly I didn't have enough time to take in the beautiful garden at the Old House, but I will do next time.
It's just a couple of bus stops from Salisbury station along Wilton Road. Parking is available for those with cars.
I was extrememly lucky to find the Old House, I hope this review enables you to find out without so much luck.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple