“Used to be great value”
Review of The Balti House

The Balti House
Ranked #98 of 279 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$15 - US$17
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Balti House restaurants are modern “Eat As Much As You Like For a Fixed Price” Our restaurants are designed along clean, modern lines where diners can enjoy Indian cuisine in a stylish atmosphere at an affordable price. Starters, main courses, and desserts are included in the fixed price. Diners can choose from as many as 30 dinner dishes offering culinary delights from the Far East - you will be spoilt for choice. We are the first Indian Buffet bar restaurant in Salisbury and we proud to serve you.Buffets are effective for serving large numbers of people at once. For this reason, they are prevalent in institutional settings, such as business conventions or large parties. Another advantage of buffets compared to table service is that diners have a great deal of choice and the ability to closely inspect food before selecting it. Since a buffet involves diners serving themselves, it has in the past been considered an informal form of dining, less formal than table service. In recent years, however, buffet dinners are increasingly popular. LOOKING TO THROW A PARTY IN THE CITY?Take a look at our function room and make right choice for that special occasion.Whether you're planning a Birthday Party. Family Gathering Party. Organising A Big Work Function. College Student Party.Children Party. Wedding Party or any other occasional parties "WELCOME TO THE BALTI HOUSE" you will be spoilt for choice of our buffet selections.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We used to visit this restaurant almost every time we visited Salisbury. On the last 2 visits the standards have declined and we will not be returning for some time. The food used to be limited choice, but everything was fresh and well cooked, and was great value for money. On recent visits we found they had increased the amount of salt in everything (is it to encourage you to drink more?) which made the meal unpleasant. This was the same on the following visit. The price had increased but it was still good price

1  Thank pukkajon

Reviewed 25 October 2013

All you can eat Indian buffet.
Fantastic selection of authentic Indian food. Starters, mains and desserts. Fresh melon selection is great.
Friendly staff.
Modern furniture and décor.
Near train station at the top of Fisherton Street.
Only negative is trying to make you pay tip when you pay using the card machine.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I all,

Thought of sharing my experience with all those who are planning to visit Balti house at Salisbury. I went there with my family and had a really bad experience ..All the food was cold chicken was like eating rubber, saw flies on dessert. Despite of telling the staff that food is cold got no response..it is like wastage of money and one of our family member was vegetarian and was no options for vegetarians in main course except Bombay potato and lentil soup which was again very low to the standard. looking at the flies on dessert did not even felt like having dessert...Very very very very poor quality and service..was very disappointed with everything...being and Indian buffet restaurant people always get attracted like us but we end up paying full amount for eating nothing.....I will appreciate if the owner of the restaurant gives the customer value for their money ....think twice before you go to Balti house if you value your money. I think sharing of my experience will save someone from having disaster dinner or lunch. I am sorry to write all the negative review but its the disappointment which forced me to do this to save some one from spending their harden money at such a restaurant where they can't get value for their money.

1  Thank gahana r
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Excellent food, great service. Actually I saw good reviews on trip advisor that's why I went to Balti house and I was right.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Been to this restaurant many times and am never disappointed. The buffet has something for everyone, from the mildest korma to a spicy vindaloo. Perfect place to take the family and staff are ever so nice there. It always feels so relaxed in there and you never feel rushed to eat and leave like you do in some places you go.