“Lovely Sunday roast!”

Ranked #177 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the heart of the Salisbury, just a short walk from The Cathedral, shops, restaurants and Theatres. We offer free WIFI throughout and some great meal deals. The bar and restaurant area are of a contemporary style with a traditional feel. We want you to enjoy a relaxed friendly experience while you eat some great freshly made dishes. Our aim is to offer service that is second to none, while offering great choice and value. We also have a great outside dining and drinking area.
“Lovely Sunday roast!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We decided to dine here last Sunday as we had provisionally booked for Christmas Day lunch, so we thought it a good idea to have a test lunch before we parted with our deposit! So we both went traditional, I ordered the roast beef and my partner ordered the lamb!! When the meal arrived, we both felt it was lacking in vegetables so we asked the waitress for some more. We both tucked into our dinners which was extremely tasty, homemade Yorkshires and real roasties. However, when the extra veg had arrived, we had almost finished our meal! We did not let this put us off having our Christmas Dinner here though. If have a critisism, it would be to remove the bowl of condiment from the plate and fill the extra space with more veg!! Am really looking to our Christmas Day lunch here now!!

Visited December 2013
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Elaine K

Thank you for popping in and having Sunday lunch with us. I am sorry about the veg and promise we won't make this mistake again. We look forward to seeing you on Christmas day and helping you enjoy your day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Cathedral Hotel”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Not knowing Salisbury so well we were there just for a few hours and we didn't know where to get lunch. We went to the Cathedral Hotel and were very glad that we did. The decor is clean and modern, the waiting staff were very chatty, friendly and welcoming and were very attentive to our youngest and her colouring in. The food was excellent. Even the kids menu was a little more sophisticated and offered more than the usual pub fair of chicken nuggets and chips. Portion size was more than adequate. We didn't stay overnight, but from what we saw and experienced, we would be happy to book for a longer stay.

Dear Grant M

Thank you for your five star review of your visit to our restaurant. It is great that our staff were able to help your family enjoy your visit. I am delighted you enjoyed the the ambiance and the food. We hope you visit Salisbury again and maybe you can stay longer as you said.

Marlow, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We visited the Cathedral Hotel last night for an evening meal. Arrived early so grabbed the table by the fire, revisited our child-hood by playing Operation and Snakes and Ladders, then the food arrived. The starter was lovely, loaded potato skin, the main meals were a good size and tasty, and the apple pie desert a good size and home made. The bill was under £50 for 3 of us, excluding the first round of drinks but including coffee. Service was attentive, but not intrusive. I think we were in the quieter part of the pub and it was lovely just to sit and catch up with our friend. We hope to return as we loved it.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Chhunter

Thank you for your great review. We will aim to score 5 out of 5 on your next visit. I am delighted you enjoyed relaxing by the fire and chatting with your friend without the bar music intruding on your evening. It is great that you enjoyed some of the home made dishes we offer and you found them to be reasonably priced. Once again thank you for visiting and we look forward to seeing you again.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, nice place.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel/restaurant was not far from our accommodation and we had passed it by a couple of times to eat at another pub but on our last night decided to give it a try and it was well worth it. Meals were very large and definitely seemed fresh produce etc. My husband had the lamb and said it great, I had seafood which was very good but we should not have ordered the entrée because it was just too much. Reasonable prices and pretty good beer. Service was excellent.

• Visited June 2013
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Cathedral Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear rodgerskay

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted that we were able to help you enjoy your overall experience of Salisbury. It is great that you enjoyed the food and thought the service was excellent. I hope you visit us again soon.

Whitby, United Kingdom
“Not inspired”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife received a meal voucher to eat at this hotel in Salisbury, if your into pub grub it would pass I suppose. I request the chops and was asked how would I like them done, medium rare was my request. Look on my face book picture and see the whole meal not very appetising. My wife loves her Scampi when it is Scampi there were certainly no langoustine tails here or even a decent shrimp. What she received was battered gloop. Would not ever recommend this place as an eatery may be OK if you have had a dozen beers and don't care what you eat. The young people doing the service and clearing the tables were excellent.

Dear PatMac253

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit to our hotel restaurant. It is unfortunate that you did not inform us of any issues during your visit. I hope we make it easy for guests to give us feedback during their visit so they can give us the opportunity to correct any poor quality food standards. I can assure any potential visitors to our bar restaurant our kitchen team are made fully aware of any shortcomings with regard poor food standards and we analyse every review to make any improvements that are required. We also inform them when we receive great reviews. Thank you for your great comments about our serving team. I hope you will visit again and let us show you that your experience was not the norm.