“Nice place for lunch”

Cote Brasserie - Salisbury
Ranked #9 of 276 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ate here today as we'd had it recommended to us by friends. First impression, friendly staff. Second impression, they need to employ a better restaurant cleaner! The wall light overhanging our table at head height was very dusty and covered in cobwebs it looked as though it hadn't been dusted for a week - and there were crumbs left on the table and the top edge of the wall wood panelling.

We ordered from the set menu and I was extremely surprised to learn from our waitress that many dishes came without a vegetable or salad accompaniment - very rare that I've seen this happen.

The food was very good but I was surprised by the size of the fish parmentier that I ordered. We are not big eaters - in fact we often share a main course as portions in many restaurants tend to be on the large side...not so with the fish parmentier...I was relieved that we'd ordered separate main courses when it arrived! My partner had the roasted belly pork and roasted figs, which was a pretty hefty sized portion and was very delicious, by all accounts.

All in all, good food, a nice airy (if dusty!) restaurant, good staff... Despite the few minor negatives, I'd certainly eat here again, hence the higher rating from me.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We found this restaurant as we passed it on our way to Salisbury Cathedral. It looks like a very traditional French bistro with outdoor tables. We sat outside. The view to the church on one side, down a town centre street on the other, an old mill building on the other is quite nice (ignore the under construction building directly across the way). The service was polite, not friendly, and somewhat slow. I had the artichoke vinaigrette and the vinaigrette was good but there was vey little artichoke to go with it. My daughter had the children's chicken dish and enjoyed it. The children's menu is good and their food was brought with our salads. Two of us had the roast chicken - it was reasonably good - served with one of three sauces -we had provencale which was bland anď a little disappointing. Three of our party had the fixed daily menu - hake was good as was the chicken salad. Dessert was good - creme caramel and chocolate pot. Really disappointing was the service - no one came to ask about wine with dinner or to ask how everything was. It was a problem to have the bill split between two families and the other family was charged too much for the fixed menu without apology. The bill comes totalled with an "optional 12.5% gratuity" - not a tactic I like. Overall, it was fine but I didn't walk away feeling that we had been welcomed or well served. Don't think I'd go back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had such a lovely meal here on a rare night away without children. We had not booked but as it was relatively early -7pm on a Saturday a table was found for us and I'm very pleased it was.

I have read comments about poor service but that was not our experience at all and the two waiters who looked after us were attentive, funny and charming.

The food was a delight. Beautifully presented and in very generous portions and most important of all, absolutely delicious. By the time we were rounding it all off with creme brulee and calvados I was in culinary heaven! As many have said, we were amazed to find that this was a chain
restaurant as it really was superb. Highly recommended, we'd love to return.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I visited with five other friends and we were all suitably impressed.
The menu was varied and interesting, something that cannot always be said. The staff were efficient, attentive and fun.
Overall, an excellent evening was had by all.
We will be back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were told of Cote Brasserie by some locals whilst having a drink on the market square, what a wonderful surpise it was! Great service, location and tasty menu. Felt like we'd stepped straight into a Parisian restaurant, lovely!