“Lunch time visit”

Ranked #71 of 270 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A stylish and modern restaurant set in a refurbished Victorian hotel. Our meals, all homemade on site, are served with passion and flair, providing a unique dining experience for all of our guests in the Cathedral city of Salisbury. Well loved by all of our regulars and a pleasant surprise for visitors, do come and join us today!
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Lunch time visit”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great place for good food and service at lunchtimes as I work locally. Only problems is sometimes the music is too loud to chat comfortably. Great posh fish fingers and chips also soups tasty and generous with cheesy toasts.

• Visited March 2014
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hi thanks for your feedback on your lunch experience, I have noted your comment on the music , and I will make sure the music is lowered !

Bath, United Kingdom
“Top notch food”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I work across the road so have got to know the staff. The posh fish fingers and twice cooked chips are a big favourite with colleagues but I have to say that the leek stuffed mushrooms are what keep me coming back.

• Visited February 2014
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for your very kind review , I am glad your dining experience was enjoyable and I am happy you chose Qudos for your lunch.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“won't be visiting again in any hurry”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

service? none. pretty girls too busy chatting to serve. very disappointing. live music? dull... what a flop.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank deborah566
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
I have noted your comments and will investigate with my staff . We have high standards and expect them to be adhered to.
“Stag meal smasher”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining here in the company of 20 other gentlemen for a stag do that was months in the planning.

I chose Qudos because a). it looked nice b). it served steak - perfect man-food and c). you could opt to have them served on a hot stone, cooking your desired cut to personal perfection

After a good bit of email dialogue with the owner, Alex, I made all 20 orders in advance, ALL of which were to be 2/3 courses including steaks on a hot stone.

On the day of the stag I was more than impressed with the preparations. All the food came at the same time, with no hint of fuss, yet not so quickly that we couldn't enjoy a good chat (PS the Doom Bar was really well kept - a rarity these days). Staff were lovely, attentive and polite all the while giving a good bit of banter to the stags - making for the perfect atmosphere.

The food itself was between good and excellent: the sausage starter I had was nice although nothing immense... unlike the steak, which was a true tour-de-force. The meat was very high quality, awesome home cooked chips and beautiful homemade sauces. Surely the best of its kind in Wiltshire, let alone Salisbury.

Just as we finished (9.30ish) the band started playing so it didn't affect the talking at the meal.

All in all I'm confident Qudos could put on a fantastic and memorable event for any event, be it a stag do or romantic meal for two.

Thoroughly recommended.

1 Thank Edcymru
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Many thanks for taking time to leave a review ! I am glad everything went well for you at Qudos on your stag night. We strive to deliver the best service, food , drink and atmosphere we can. I am very pleased that we hit high standards on all aspects. I shall pass on your comments to my chef and waiting staff. And we keep our beers well maintained by flushing water through on each barrel . Once again many thanks and hope you consider us again in the future

“Lovely”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Hi I went to this resurant with my girlfriend on valentines night we had a great time the staff looked after us well the food was lovely and so was the suite after the day we had was a smashing place to stay and relax

alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Many thanks for taking time to leave a review of Qudos. I am very pleased your hotel room was to your expectaion and your dining experience enjoyable. I shall pass your comments on to the staff and kitchen team. We hope to see you again in the future.