“Sunday carvery a hit!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 264 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A stylish and modern restaurant set in a refurbished Victorian hotel. Our meals, all homemade on site, are served with passion and flair, providing a unique dining experience for all of our guests in the Cathedral city of Salisbury. Well loved by all of our regulars and a pleasant surprise for visitors, do come and join us today!
“Sunday carvery a hit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We now live locally and fancied a walk into town and passed Qudos. It's a pretty looking place with quiet back ground music and on a Sunday there is a carvery on offer. Roast pork, beef and turkey with all the trimmings. The beef as succulent and tender, the Yorkshire puds crisp and the vegetables were the best I have eaten in a restaurant in a long while. A good range of vegetables and a tasty gravy. Attentive, friendly staff. I liked the cider and my husband had a nice pint of the locally brewed summer ale. At £9.95 with kids eat free it was a great lunch and we'll certainly be back.

• Visited August 2014
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Many thanks for taking time to leave a review, we are very happy you enjoyed your carvery with us yesterday. I shall pass your kind comments on to our chefs and I hope to see you again soon. Pop in and try our main menu and we also do a fantastic two course lunch deal during the week.

“Poor!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Whilst the building retains much of it's original charm, I would not go as far as to say that this place was anything other than mediocre. Whilst the staff are pleasant enough, the beer on tap is not well kept. Being a Guinness drinker, It tasted like it had been kept in the barrel for a long time and after only a couple of sips, the trademark creamy head had totally disappeared! Not good. I then tried the draught Doombar which was equally disappointing. I'm afraid that I won't be returning again in a hurry as both these drinks are widely available in other pubs in the city and are much more drinkable there. It is a shame because this venue does have potential, just let down by poorly kept beer.

3 Thank Ice1968
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
I can assure you we keep a very good pint of Doom bar, our lines are flushed at the end of every barrel running out. Our Guinness line is cleaned every Monday , week in week out. I am very surprised you had two very different bad drinks
“Great night all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Been numerous times and would definitely recommend it for the food, staff and live bands. If you're looking for a lively night with good food then this is the place to be!

alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Many thanks for your kind review of Qudos , I am glad you had a great experience , hope to see you again in the future

“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Came in with a group of friends for lunch, ignored on arrival. Drinks order taken and forgot about. When our food evantually arrived it was cold and no one came to do a check back. Desserts were offered but didnt feel it was appropriate after such poor service.
Wont be coming back.

2 Thank Dominic9028
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I was working on the floor this day , and everyone was served very promptly . If you can contact me to discuss your experience I would appreciate this so we can try to resolve the matter.

Alex - Manager
“Lunch time visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great place for good food and service at lunchtimes as I work locally. Only problems is sometimes the music is too loud to chat comfortably. Great posh fish fingers and chips also soups tasty and generous with cheesy toasts.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
alexmanager, Manager at Qudos, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hi thanks for your feedback on your lunch experience, I have noted your comment on the music , and I will make sure the music is lowered !