“Two different experiences”

The Boat House Cafe Bar
Ranked #143 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, European
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salisbury
“Two different experiences”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Table booked for two - excellent experience, amazing food. Booked a table for 13 for a birthday party. The booking had been held for over a week yet on the day of the dinner received a call after mid-day asking for pre-order, not a great start.
Took over 4 hours in total for us all to be served - one dish was sent back and the other was removed from the bill as massively under cooked. A real shame as the first experience was prefect. The manager is a tad on the arrogant side and found it funny when we mentioned we had been there over 4 hours. Would not recommend for large bookings - tables of 2-4 would be best but will be a while before we venture back there.

• Visited July 2012

• Czech first
London
“Don't believe past bad reviews! Excellent experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Having read past bad reviews and now having experienced the evening restaurant for myself, WOW the food is amazing!

It would seem that due to several management changes and past bad reviews the boat house is not as busy as it should be and what a shame because you are all losing out. Myself and a group of friends went into Salisbury town and tried several restaurants to include the main thai restaurant, strada, Ask, and a tapas bar all of which said they were fully booked (although there were clearly free tables) and we therefore walked 3-4 mins from the central part of the town to the boat house...... And we were so glad we did.

The service was fantastic, the manager was excellent and the food was 5 star.

I think because of previous management changes, the look of the building from the outside and the fact that there is a 3-4 min walk from the town people don't think to visit but if you booked in with the restaurant you wouldn't be disappointed.

The portions are just right, it's a classy restaurant but not pretentious, you feel comfortable and you are made to feel welcome. The chef is extremely talented and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

5 Thank Moon85
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

Went for a meal on sat night here and was pleasantly suprised by the quality of food. To keep it short was excellent and delicious. I would recommend the duck I had and the pork belly my other half had was great!

Service by Daniel was great and we had a good night.

4 Thank Ryanjones4040
“Riverside loveliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

As a fussy customer, I was dubious about another restaurant in Salisbury opening with a mediocre standard. How wrong could I be? We were a party of twelve loud ladies. Daniel and his team coped admirably, the food was tasty, the plates were hot and the location lovely!

Thoroughly recommend!!

4 Thank Laineylou6
Salisbury
“Mediocre!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Went on Saturday for lunch, decided not to have the 9.95 offer and choose from ordinary menu. I had mussels with crab sauce and my husband had whitebait,his was fine my mussels were the smallest I've ever seen and the sauce smelt pretty gross!
Main husband had a chorizo omelete and I had chicken with sage and roasted potatoes, ok not too special. We only ate from daytime menu when I suspect the 'head chef' isn't around. Don't think I will go back to try again as quality should be the same all the time.

• Visited July 2012