“Very good value lunch..”

The Boat House Cafe Bar
Ranked #172 of 272 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Old friends meeting and lunch for 7,2 courses for £9.95 and starters of Soft shell Crab & Chicken Liver Pate,both excellent.
Mains of chicken,fish and chips,gammon steak etc....all good and well received.
By the river so pleasant location although wasn't aware it was next to the bus station and general car parking in the middle of Salisbury!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Having had a disappointment on my last visit, I had reservations about returning tonight. I needn't have worried - the food and service was its normal lovely standard and the atmosphere just right for an evening relaxing with colleagues.

Look forward to my next visit!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

If you read through previous reviews, my wife and I have eaten here a few times, and this time my wife organised a group meet-up with friends at an annual gathering. There was about eleven in the group and and the food was ordered in advance to assist catering - so the Boat House knew in good time the number of covers and the quantities and who was having a starter, main or dessert.

Everything went well until the order for those who chose Tiramisu - when we were told there wasn't any! The group then had to choose an alternative.

My wife was disappointed as the caterers should have prepared and reserved the correct quantity. After a while (after everyone else had eaten there chosen dessert) I went to the cool cabinet to see what alternatives were available because what was offered was too sweet. I saw the waitress and requested if what I selected - was it part of the "set meal" to be told it wasn't. I stated that I requested tiramisu originally, and if you haven't got it, what was that on the upper shelf? It was tiramisu!

This was selected and delivered to the table which of course upset the rest of the group as they had already eaten the alternative choice.

My wife spoke to whom was the manager who explained the tiramisu had to be remade as the first wasn't up to an acceptable standard. So why didn't the manager either be honest with us and that there would be slight delay or manage the time in serving the starter and main meal better to which the dessert would have been provided with no known problem, or better still, ensure an allowance in sufficient time to iron out problems.

To be fair, The manager did offer tiramisu to all who ordered free of charge, after my wife complained.

The set meal was delicious, which at least was a positive and therefore the group enjoyed the rest of the afternoon in a very nice atmosphere.

My wife is now reluctant to make another group booking in a few weeks time.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Really good meal in a lovely location. Near to the bus station and just a few minutes walk into the centre of Salisbury. The beer garden on the river is a great little hideaway and really impressed with the menu. Will call again..

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely meal on Friday evening. The service was good despite a busy sitting and waitresses friendly. Food good value and tasty. Dessert was only from their chiller cabinet and some warm choices may have been nice. But we were aware of this prior to booking.