“King's Arms was so cool!”

The Kings Arms Hotel
and 1 more site!
The Kings Arms Hotel
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Duluth, Minnesota, USA
“King's Arms was so cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I have to admit, when we were placed in an annex our first night at the King's Arms -- a large room with a huge bathroom, but in a separate building, where you had to go up and down an outside staircase -- I was very disappointed. We asked the staff the next day if we could move and they moved us to room 5 on the 1st floor of the main building. WOW!!!! We loved the tiny hsllways, the uneven stairs, the low ceilings -- we loved everything about this old building. And the room itself was wonderful. The staff is great at this hotel -- very friendly people, very accommodating. I spent a lot of time in the lounge; it was so cozy, hanging out there. Breakfast was fabulous. Only downer was Internet was quite spotty in the rooms -- but it gave me a reason to hang out in the lounge.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stopped for a meal en-route home.
Excellent vegetarian meal and fabulous coffee.
I did not stay at the hotel.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

Stayed here for a business trip, had 4 fantastic evening meals with good wine in a most hospitable and friendly atmosphere, 4 reasonable nights sleep (not the hotels fault, stress with work!) In a large and comfortable room and 4 glorious breakfasts. Wonderful helpful service and extremely friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Watford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

Our room was not clean, sticky carpet, stained loo, dirty behind showerdoor. They failed to service our room one night. It is very well situated.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisWatford

Travellers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

The hotel is in a perfect location, right by one of the gates to the Cathedral and just a few yards from the main shops. In addition, the hotel has free (secure) parking in a nearby office premises - a real bonus. The staff are fabulous - couldn't be nicer or more helpful. By nature of the age of the building the rooms are very quirky but we were upgraded and had a spacious bedroom and large bathroom with very efficient shower. We didn't have dinner there but can recommend the breakfast - good choice and quality and plentiful helpings. All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

A place to stay with a personal touch...from the start we were treated warmely by Lawrence who was both professional, friendly and very helpful... he ensured our stay was memorable and enjoyable. The service is excellent and he was always on hand to deal with any queries we had... We had a lovely room with a four poster bed which was spotless, very comfortable and spacious...The hotel itself was also full of character.. winding staircases and oak beams... Breakfast was to die for!!!!..... will definately book again for a return visit....It was nice to be treated as a person and not a room number..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Xenia, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I started a business trip and spent two nights in the Kings Arms. I had planned two more nights in another hotel in Salisbury for holiday with my husband, but after staying at the Kings Arms, I changed my reservation. I prefer to stay at the historic establishments with character and ambience. When I saw the King Charles Suite I knew it was where I wanted to stay the additional nights.

In addition to the historic hotel, and the terrific location, the staff did all they could to ensure our stay was the best. I had two nights in Salisbury, one night back in Bristol, then back to Salisbury for two more nights. I left the bulk of my luggage at the hotel in Salisbury taking only a night bag back to Bristol. Such convenience and kindness was appreciated. The staff also looked into booking tours for me to Stonehenge and helping out on other matters. It was a great time.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business