Cricket Field House
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bbreakfast was excellentfull english breakfastyogurtbusy roadbed and breakfastshower roomnext morningwarm welcomesalisbury centreplenty of parkinggreat showervisiting salisburythe ground floormain roadstayed longerguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

After 3 months working away from home in Salisbury, the Cricket Fields House became like a second home to me and Brian Margaret and Andy really felt like family by the end of my stay.

Always courteous and genuinely friendly and kind. The breakfast was outstanding and the rooms very comfortable. Nothing is too much trouble for them.......if only all hotels operated like this...........a fantastic family run hotel.

A big thank you from Nick, Danny and Steve

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NickCL500
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at Cricket Field House over easter weekend and cant speak highly enough about it.

We checked in after a long day at Longleat and were welcomed as if we were old friends rather than people who had never stayed there before.

The rooms were very comfortable and well decorated and had everything we needed for our one night stay including free wifi which always helps.

We had never been to Salisbury before and staff were very friendly and helpful advising us where to go for food and drinks in the evening and how to get there as it is a short walk into town.

It took us 10-15 minutes to walk in to the town centre which we knew about before going and had no issue with.

One touch that i want to mention is that all the staff called me and my wife by our surnames which although small made us feel very welcome.

Breakfast was great, freshly cooked and a great selection of items available to suit all needs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AaronG86
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed two nights at Cricket Field House for a weekend away. I can quite honestly say the staff are some of the nicest, most polite people I've ever met. Nothing was too much trouble and we were really made to feel welcome. We had a deluxe double room that was on the first floor and overlooked the cricket pitch. The room was a really good size with arm chairs, a desk and on suite shower room. Everything was really clean, and in good condition. The breakfasts are excellent, made with good quality ingredients and a large choice from fruits, cereal and yogurt, to full English, mushrooms on toast, etc.

The property is slightly out of town, which didn't bother us. I would say that you could walk into the town but we chose to take taxi's in the evening (about £6 each way). Salisbury is packed with pubs, bars, cafe's and restaurants as well as some lovely architecture. There is also plenty of parking in the town. We used the central car park which was about £6 for the day, or £1.70 for the day on Sundays.

All in all I we would highly recommend the Cricket Field House.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham M
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We highly recommend Cricket Field House as we stayed for 2 nights recently, having booked the 'Valentine Offer'. The room was beautiful and the owners friendly and welcoming, we could not fault the service provided and the breakfast was excellent. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The view over the cricket ground, with the church in the South-West corner, is an arresting site as you turn off the road and go down into the carpark. It's a little bit out of town, but first of all, staying in-town in Salisbury (as I found out) can be a nightmare, as many hotels are opposite noisy venues that thump and pulse into the wee small hours from Thursday night onwards; the second thing is that being a little bit out of town in Salisbury is a short walk in any larger metropolis, and the ways you can get to the place can take in some really lovely views of the town and its environs.

In terms of a warm welcome, I would consider the owners as having given me one of the warmest welcomes I've ever had in England: courteous, affable, genuine and never over-the-top. They represent a type of great kindness and hospitality that the media would probably say is 'dying out', but actually it's not: it's just guests and owners alike can be impatient and money-grabbing in this age, and class is hard to maintain unless you are in it because you love it.

I loved my stay. The room was great for my needs (though perhaps a bottle of water might be nice, as the tap flashes hot and then cold when it's on cold), the bed was comfy, and the shower invigorating. The walls were a bit thin, but that's shouldn't provide too much of a problem, as long as you're not staying next to a couple on their honeymoon.

The breakfast was comprehensive and you could be healthy or indulgent, or both, There were daily papers to peruse, people from all over the world to exchange a 'good morning' with, and a convivial atmosphere if you wanted it, though solitude was just as easy to find.

I would recommend this to individuals and couples alike, though I don't know if there are family-friendly rooms. I would also thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business