“Fabulous time”

Websters Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 58 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

A very big thank you to the hosts at Websters b/b. Very clean and bright room, plenty of space to move about and the bed was very comfortable, also a fresh and airy feel. Had a good laugh in the morning, with John and his wife Veronica who was cooking us a lovely English breakfast. Would recommend this b/b to all. Will be back here again in the fall. Again thanks for a relaxing and fun stay.

Room Tip: This b/ b is very close to the railway station and town centre. The room we occupied was in the fron...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Websters Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I with my friend stayed there In late May for two nights, after I have travelled around few countries, just got back in UK, I thought I have to write my true feeling about this B&B.
Before we booked this B&B, we read about Tripadvisor reviews, we thought its quite nice, but after we stayed the review have totally changed! please be aware, the points below are my true experience!
1, the cleaness was bad, I find few spide web in my room and hallway lights, not a very good sign,but the annoying things was, my friend found a pillow with blood stane with it, we told Veronica and John, but supprisely nobody give us applogy! just simply said, they will check it!
2,The bed room floor uneven, when you walking always make unpleasant noise!
3,The owner quite mean, have you ever faced the B&B host asked you how many peice of toast do you want ? one peice or 1/2 peice? omg!!!! how many pennies cost one peice of toast??? also during we stayed there two nights was rainning and pretty cold, there was no heating!!!! you know England's cold rain day!!! I did not sleep that nights!!!! too cold!!!
4,Be Aware the breakfast - Kippers , from the package, I thought I was staying in 4 stars rated B&B should freshly cooked the Kippers
5, Be aware to burn your fingers few times when you having your breakfast tea, its so awful to use that tea pot!
6, The most wiredest breakfast time:between 7:45am - 8:45am, so mean! and so rushed!!!!
7, No doubt Veronica has put lots of smile effort on her face, however,if you have a slightly complain or suggestion, you sooner will found out the smile has gone very quickly and never come back again! John has never smiled while we stayed there
8,Be aware your privacy!!!!!!!! as the bed side table draw too small for put in A4 size paper, I put my 36 pages hard copy private document into the chest draw, after we checked out, I realised I have left it behind,(one week later) we called them, they answered the phone call, they simply said they found it by the next guest who stayed in that room, also they commoned: there is a nasty printed email inside the 36 pages hard copy document, and they shredded them!!!!!! I can NOT believe that they shredded my private documents without my primission!!!! and READ my private email and MADE A NASTY COMMENT!!!! I just can not understand why these people doesnt have a commone sense, how much costs them to give me a call and post it back???? did they how much trouble because thredded my private documents?!!! and Finaly they did not appologize AT ALL!!!! that is why after few months I still want to write this report! its horrible feeling to think about they treat their guest like that!!! I strongly suggest anyone wants to make a booking with them, be careful! be aware the points I made! will you be happy ? if you were me??!
many thanks for read the points I made, wish you happy research!

Room Tip: wifi just like the snails moving!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank gom4older
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed from 28/7 to 2/8 could not fault this b&b room was excellent breakfast was excellent hosts john and ronnie were so helpful if I ever come to salisbury again this is were I would choose to stay Thankyou for a perfect stay

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed with Veronica and John just for one night during a family reunion but it was excellent. Lovely warm welcome, very comfortable bed with every facility one could want in the room. All finished off with a great breakfast composed of local produce.Although very central for the ammenities in Salisbury, Webster's was very quiet and the hosts could not do enough to make our stay very pleasant. I would thoroughly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the downstairs room, with a big wet-room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

After a very long journey, taxi, 10+ hours on the plane, coach, train with one change & a taxi after 4 pm to reach this first night after 24+ hours with little sleep & faint with hunger...this is not on my top ten list of lodgings. Next time I'll book Warminster Belmont House for 5L more & far superior B&B. I've traveled the UK for 10 years, so it's not like I'm an ignorant guest in another country, nor new to the differences in customs and manners.

I chose this BB based on TA reviews, the location for easy access so my friends could collect me the next morning. My phone was dead, as well as how my brain felt, so the friends were concerned of my safe arrival, as they'd not heard from me. About 8pm the friends rang the house to inquire of my arrival and were told 'everyone is here that is supposed to be here' - how polite is that? They were worried. Had I told the host in advance that I was vision/hearing impaired & my age, would it have made a difference?

The room was adequate; the en-suite clean; the bed is what many refer to as 'firm'; one pillow, thin & well-used. John very kindly carried my heavy bag up the narrow stairs. I never saw the hostess. The breakfast was typical, unremarkable. Best I ever had was on Orkney. Could well be that I've become too critical & crotchety for this kind of travel.

Room Tip: I heard no traffic or late night talk. Front room overlooking entrance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Redsgirl2
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We loved staying at Webster's B & B on our recent trip to the UK. The hosts made us feel very welcome and the services were definitely first-rate....with that little extra "personal touch." Good site and not far to walk from the train station; into the downtown area or the Cathedral. This is a great find in a lovely little town and we would come back there in a minute...and truly hope to have that option.

Room Tip: All rooms have names which is very quaint.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Comfortable clean accommodation, helpful owners,basic filling breakfast. Walking distance to town and attractions. Very close to rail station and walking distance from coach. Well priced and as such good value

Room Tip: One room down stairs but can get noisy when breakfast service is on
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business