“Brilliant breakfasts and a friendly environment”

Leena's Guest House
Ranked #7 of 57 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Brilliant breakfasts and a friendly environment”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of August. Gary was the perfect host, friendly and helpful (Malcolm and Leena too). Our room was clean and comfortable and cleaned to a high standard every day. Lots of tea bags, coffee and milk for refreshment too- plus a fruit bowl in the lounge for the use of guests.

The breakfasts were great- generous portions of good quality, well cooked food (bacon, egg, sausage etc). Particularly impressive was the bowl of blueberries and strawberries to start with-you could have these with cereal and yoghourt or milk.

A 15 min walk to town along the river in one direction and a 30 to 40 min walk to the ruins of Old Sarum in the other.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank argybargy213

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Our family was staying in Salisbury at Leenas guest house, we really enjoyed our time at Leenas guest house because of the hospitality. Gary, Leena and Malcolm couldn't do enough for you, the room was of great size and was completed with shower room the room was cleaned to a great standard every day with fresh towels at the end of your bed, the location was also a bonus as you could take a nice walk along the river Avon into town within 10 - 15 minutes, with local shops near the hotel you could also get any essentials you may need(not many as there all there !). The breakfast at Leenas guest house was great couldn't fault anything at breakfast they offer a great range of food from Berrys to salmon !
Thank you Gary, Leena and Malcolm for a great stay, you couldn't do enough for us, we hope to see you again soon !!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank The-Jarvis-clan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Leena's Guest House and everything was great! Gary is an amazing host, he gave us useful information about Salisbury and nearby places to visit and he even suggested things to do for the evening.
Home feeling, hand made, fresh English breakfast :)

Felt so cosy and homy! Definitely suggest it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank CharaOik
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We spent a couple of nights at Leena's and could not have enjoyed it more. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for our host and both the breakfast and the room were great. We will definitely return if we go back to Salisbury

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cathycoo
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We got a room at Leena´s on a very short notice and Gary was kind enough to welcome us late in the evening.
Gary turned out to be a very charming person and he shared a lot of info about what to do and where to go in town. A very nice walk along the river took us to city center in 15 minutes.
We had a very, very good breakfast with everything you would ever ask for. We specially liked the bowl of fresh berries. The breakfast was served in a beautiful diningroom and Gary introduced us to the other guests. There was always a bowl of fresh fruit on a table round the clock.
There was also a parking for the car which was very appreciated.
We will certainly stay there again when we come back to see more of Salisbury.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the back garden.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carl L
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at Leena's Guest House while I was on a school-endorsed trip to England and it was by far the best place we stayed on this trip. The breakfast was delicious and served by the most pleasant and friendly host I've ever met. There was fresh fruit (a favorite within my group), cereal, a wide variety of eggs to order, toast, mushrooms, tomatoes - everything you could ask for in a hearty and tasty breakfast. The rooms were very comfortable and beautifully furnished and always kept clean and fresh. The location of the B&B was ideal for walking into town or driving a short way to see the sites further outside of Salisbury. I would highly recommend Leena's Guesthouse to anyone visiting Salisbury!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank AveryGM
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I'm usually a hotel girl and I've never stayed on my own so I was slightly apprehensive about my stay at Leena's back in April. However my fears turned out to be completely unfounded. I was made to feel extremely welcome, my friend (who I had come to visit) was more than welcome to visit and the breakfast was straight out of the top drawer (-think proper coffee, fresh berries a newspaper and Gary had made a special shopping trip to stock up on veggie sausages for me) I was on my own but didn't want to share a bathroom so I was given a (lovely) double room at a single rate. Leena's is a short walk from the town centre along a lovely river path but in a quiet enough area that I slept like a log. Fantastic I'll certainly be back with my family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo