“Excellent all round!”

Leena's Guest House
Ranked #5 of 59 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I travelled down to Salisbury for a job interview in February not long after reading Dave Gorman's 'America Unchained' so I was determined to avoid giving any money to 'the man' by staying in a travel lodge despite the brevity of my trip. I wanted a nice relaxing, non-corporate stay to set me right for my interview and this was exactly the experience I had at Leena's. The owner was very patient and stayed up an extra hour after I was delayed on my drive down and was most welcoming when I arrived. The room was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water for a shower in the morning. My breakfast was fantastic and I wanted for nothing - a range of fruits and a cooked breakfast as well as juice and coffee were provided and no request seemed too much for my host. The goal of finding a warm and friendly, non-corporate, extremely good value for money one night stay in Salisbury had been achieved and what's more I got the job!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Happyguest1986

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was lucky enough to spot this guest house in the brochure provided by the Salisbury Tourist Information Office.
The interesting house, dating from the inter-war period, is well furnished in tasteful style. Gary, the proprietor, is most helpful and could not have done more to make my stay enjoyable.
The single room was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was really excellent: top quality in every way.
There cannot be a better B&B in Wiltshire.
Useful parking, off-road, is another plus. Easy walk into town along the attractive canal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank richard d
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have just stayed at Leenas Guest House for 2 weeks!! Going to Salisbury on a regular basis for work it's important to find a home from home and Leenas is just that.

Gary, is unbelievable, poached eggs and warm smoked salmon for breakfast, yummy, but to start there was fresh berries everyday with Greek Yoghurt. Lovely muffins and warm croissants, even better he used to put some in a bag for me to take to work. Such a lovely guy, we had a laugh.

My room was very large, very clean and Gary always made sure I was warm enough and often kept the heating on all night.

The house was lovely and again every where was so clean. A lovely large separate lounge for the use of guests.

I would certainly recommend to anyone to stay there and I am looking forward to my next stay in March

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 4 but my colleagues have also said their rooms were of a good standard
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights, i have no complaints, everything was as I expected. Friendly atmosphere, high standard of rooms, good food, simply nothing to worry about. I would recommend this place to anybody who wants to visit Salisbury. By the way, Gary, thank you for nice breakfasts:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank RobertL1985
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Leena,s gust house is one of the very best i have experienced.The rooms are very good and clean,as is the whole house.Gary our host is exceptionally helpful & knowledgeable of the local area,and his breakfast is second to none.I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank wildlyon
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed for one night at Leena's Guest House and everything was perfect. We had a nice room, Gary (the host) is very friendly and the breakfast was really great!

We absolutely suggest this B&B!

Thanks a lot and lots of greetings from Germany!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 323Julia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of August. Gary was the perfect host, friendly and helpful (Malcolm and Leena too). Our room was clean and comfortable and cleaned to a high standard every day. Lots of tea bags, coffee and milk for refreshment too- plus a fruit bowl in the lounge for the use of guests.

The breakfasts were great- generous portions of good quality, well cooked food (bacon, egg, sausage etc). Particularly impressive was the bowl of blueberries and strawberries to start with-you could have these with cereal and yoghourt or milk.

A 15 min walk to town along the river in one direction and a 30 to 40 min walk to the ruins of Old Sarum in the other.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple