“A good stay, most enjoyable.”

Leena's Guest House
Ranked #6 of 57 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Stevenage Hertfordshire
“A good stay, most enjoyable.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Lots of adventures across the weekend, from the fun at breakfast to the midday nap, to the nights out in Salisbury.
Gary is very welcoming and both his Mum and Dad are around to complete the ensemble. Breakfast is most enjoyable, tempting treats from tomaten and pilzen to the finest hot cross buns. All cooked fresh to order. Guests are free to use the fridge for their wine, the lounge for their pleasure and the car park for their stay. Thanks Gary, Leena and Malcom for an eventful weekend!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank scatti1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 8 May 2014

First, Gary's customer service is nothing short of excellent. He goes out of his way to ensure your stay is amazing, including providing cooked to order breakfast with very healthy choices (try the salmon!). Second, your are minutes walk from the city center and rail station. The sites here were awesome and the river walks beautiful. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Feliciabowl
King's Lynn
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I travelled down to Salisbury for a job interview in February not long after reading Dave Gorman's 'America Unchained' so I was determined to avoid giving any money to 'the man' by staying in a travel lodge despite the brevity of my trip. I wanted a nice relaxing, non-corporate stay to set me right for my interview and this was exactly the experience I had at Leena's. The owner was very patient and stayed up an extra hour after I was delayed on my drive down and was most welcoming when I arrived. The room was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water for a shower in the morning. My breakfast was fantastic and I wanted for nothing - a range of fruits and a cooked breakfast as well as juice and coffee were provided and no request seemed too much for my host. The goal of finding a warm and friendly, non-corporate, extremely good value for money one night stay in Salisbury had been achieved and what's more I got the job!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Happyguest1986
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was lucky enough to spot this guest house in the brochure provided by the Salisbury Tourist Information Office.
The interesting house, dating from the inter-war period, is well furnished in tasteful style. Gary, the proprietor, is most helpful and could not have done more to make my stay enjoyable.
The single room was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was really excellent: top quality in every way.
There cannot be a better B&B in Wiltshire.
Useful parking, off-road, is another plus. Easy walk into town along the attractive canal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank richard d
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have just stayed at Leenas Guest House for 2 weeks!! Going to Salisbury on a regular basis for work it's important to find a home from home and Leenas is just that.

Gary, is unbelievable, poached eggs and warm smoked salmon for breakfast, yummy, but to start there was fresh berries everyday with Greek Yoghurt. Lovely muffins and warm croissants, even better he used to put some in a bag for me to take to work. Such a lovely guy, we had a laugh.

My room was very large, very clean and Gary always made sure I was warm enough and often kept the heating on all night.

The house was lovely and again every where was so clean. A lovely large separate lounge for the use of guests.

I would certainly recommend to anyone to stay there and I am looking forward to my next stay in March

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 4 but my colleagues have also said their rooms were of a good standard
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights, i have no complaints, everything was as I expected. Friendly atmosphere, high standard of rooms, good food, simply nothing to worry about. I would recommend this place to anybody who wants to visit Salisbury. By the way, Gary, thank you for nice breakfasts:)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank RobertL1985
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Leena,s gust house is one of the very best i have experienced.The rooms are very good and clean,as is the whole house.Gary our host is exceptionally helpful & knowledgeable of the local area,and his breakfast is second to none.I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business