“Good value fine dining”

Ranked #4 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A fine dining restaurant located upstairs above Costa coffee overlooking Salisbury's Historic Market Square.
London, United Kingdom
“Good value fine dining”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Really attentive service despite it being a busy night on a bank holiday weekend. Good quality food, generally more refined than you would expect for the (very reasonable) prices, although at times if verged on being slightly contrived. All in all though, well worth a visit.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank ag0437

“Excellent Value & Quality”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recommended without reservation. Excellent food, beautifully prepared, presented and served. Max price dish £26 for a fabulous fillet steak.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Really achieved a very high standard of cuisine”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a great visit. I am always a bit sceptical of the Tripadvisor No1 slot for any restaurant as it usually brings so much pressure with it. That said, and as people who live in Salisbury, we were really impressed on this, our first visit to Charter 1227. Quite under-stated when you first arrive, we found the food to be truly top class. We had the scallop and pork starter and both fish main dishes, which did not disappoint. The staff were very attentive (in a thoroughly good way) and achieved the right level of engagement. It was nice to meet Danny, the Chef, who came out to meet the customers, which is always a good sign. I found the price very reasonable indeed.

3 Thank TheMcGovernFamily
Rubellared
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is a real hidden gem. I have been here for work and private dinners on many occasions and have never been let down. Light and airy and delicious lunches and dinner

1 Thank Rubellared
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant, deserving of its reputation.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had a superb evening at this restaurant. Stevie, our waitress, was fantastic. Attentive and knowledgeable on the menu and ingredients. I ordered the duck confit. Small but high in taste, the prune purée and fig snap were a perfect accompaniment. (I have to say it was difficult to order starters as the suckling pig with scallops, sticky apple and black pudding was screaming for my attention as well). It was all gorgeous and merely had me salivating for the Donald Russell beef fillet with horseradish potato cake. My better half ordered the incredible crab ravioli starter (apparently it was gorgeous but, strangely, she was unwilling to share any, so we'll just have to accept her word on it). Mum had the cold smoked salmon and capers, although would have liked more soused cucumber on the plate as it was delicious. She followed this with the pan fried dourade which smelt sublime when wafted across our noses. I finished the evening with a plate of cheeses, several of which were unfamiliar to me, but genuinely awesome. Can't remember who the orangey Brie type molten mass was from but it was one of the nicest cheeses I've eaten this side of the Loire. My cheese plate even had happy birthday piped onto it and a small candle in one of the cheeses. Had a great chat with Danny, the head chef and proprietor.Top bloke, fabulous chef. Would we go back, absolutely! You get what you pay for. Thank you to Danny, Stevie and all the team at Charter 1227 for a memorable evening.

1 Thank Steve B