“Fantastic farm shop”

Dining options: Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic farm shop”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I am a regular at this wonderful farm shop on my way between Somerset and Kent. I usually have my two children with me and have always been impressed with the delicious food (it is the best quiche I have ever had !) and accommodating staff. It has a lovely and relaxed atmosphere. There is also an impressive array of lovely farm shop goodies. I can't help buying something delicious from the meat and cheese counter every time I am there! It is children friendly with good baby changing facilities. I have recommended this to all my friends and I won't stop anywhere else!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Samways

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“OUTSTANDING OFFICE LUNCH”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I run the INSPIRE Foundation a national charity based in Salisbury which raises money for research into spinal cord paralysis. We chose to run our Christmas office lunch at the Bird & Carter because Joff and Annies's homemade cuisine is consistently outstanding. The food, service and ambience could not be faulted. Everybody in our party of fourteen was delighted with the occasion so we will have already booked again for next year! In addition and vital for us, the Farm Shop has both excellent wheel chair access and proper disabled loos!

I might also add that the Bird & Carter have provided delicious canapés for an evening Wine Tasting reception and hot quiches and salads for a separate lunchtime function. We have always been delighted with both their service and prices, which is why we keep coming back!

I am delighted that we have found this little catering gem and thank Joff & Annie Bird and their lovely staff for looking after us so well.

Rory Steevenson
Executive Director
The INSPIRE Foundation

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Rory_Steevenson
London, United Kingdom
“Chicken Pie.”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

As a cook and Cordon bleu of many years and served the public myself I was very disappointed with my last experience at Bird and Carter. I have been here on a few occasions and spent quite a lot of money prior to Christmas.
It has always been good. We sampled a good chicken pie on Boxing day but sadly this week I had to return some Chicken pie for a friend who had found this not only to be tasteless had a sharp bone in it, but also stodgy .(which I endorse). I was met with a VERY aggressive male owner who was not prepared to admit fault.
It would have been professional of him to admit fault ( even if he did not agree, and let it go.) Instead he was animated and rude. The customer is always right. A lesson I hope he will learn!!

• Visited January 2014
6 Thank jesphayre
Salisbury
“It gets better and better!!!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

With winter here the farm shop is a wonderful treat with log fire and lovely warm dining space.
The quality of the ingredients and the friendly ambiance make this place a real treat.
The cheeses are of a very high quality as is the meat from local farms.
This place makes the best coffee in Salisbury!
Very family friendly..a real treasure and ever more popular with the discerning locals

• Visited December 2013
Salisbury
“...changes for the better again!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The consolidation of the enterprise...moving everything to this one site has enabled Bird and Bird to really enhance the experience of eating( and shopping) here.
It is above all a favourite with the locals but richly enjoyed by visitors from afar who make the very worthwhile journey from the city to eat here.
It is gloriously relaxed and utterly delicious!
it is VERY welcoming to families and is regularly a popular place for young mothers which entirely adds to the relaxed ambiance and sense of culinary normality.
If you haven't been ther, do give it a go. You will certainly return regularly!

• Visited July 2013