“First time”

Ranked #12 of 270 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$11 - US$43
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Leonardo's La Piazza we specialize in pizza, pasta and risottos, as well as rustic a la carte dishes including fresh fish, chicken, veal and lamb and of course British fillet steak. All our food is freshly made and our pizzas can be customized to suit your taste. We are located in the heart of Salisbury, on Oatmeal Row (access from the Market Place). We are allergen aware, offer gluten free options and have recently been awarded the prestigious 5* rating with the Department of Health.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was first time I have weaten in Leonardo's. It was not particularly busy but it was on a wednesday night!! The staff were very attentive and the service was good. We shared a few starters between us, we wanted cappacio but they had run out but the Calamari and tempura vegetable were good. Main course we had Pizza which was very good albeit I asked for an extra topping of anchovy but once again it was not available. We were all generally impressed with the service and food and I would go back. It was quite nice enjoying a drink after our meal on the tablea and chairs outside the restaurant overlooking the Market Square.

1  Thank Harvrm

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Came here a couple of weeks ago with my girlfriend. We both had excellent meals and were pleased with the service. A little on the pricey side relative to other Italians, but all-in-all highly recommended.

1  Thank Enkay4
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The food is poor at best,overcooked scallops and overcooked risotto! thank goodness for the bread! Oh, and The only sound you hear is the kitchen staff yelling at each other, what a disappoinment!!!!!

1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Being half italian I tend to stay away from retaurants claiming to produce authentic Italian food. After friends suggested meeting at Lenardo's I wish I had suggested another place to meet.
I can't fault the friendly staff who helped to make the experience bearable. Unfortunately the food was not great and in my opinion over priced.
My husbands Mussels were resonably tasty but my scallops were tough due to being over cooked. My friend found her risotto tasteless, a well cooked risotto should not need extra salt & pepper to make it tasty. My husband decided to try a dessert which looked like something from the Harvester restaurant....great for kids but italian ice cream should be AMAZING.
For an authentic Italian I suggest you don't try this restaurant.

2  Thank Simon W
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Good Italian and good value, they specialise particularly with pizzas and pasta dishes, the service was good and the food and drink were good value, seating upstaris and down, the service was quick and efficient, we also had dessert, apparently they are related to davinci's where the food is a bit more upmarket.