“afternoon libation.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Sadly - not a pleasant experience - although my party were putting singificant funds behind the bar the management did not appear to appreciate our contribution and indeed I later found out had made some caustic comments behind our backs. Three bill payers - probably spent nearly £300. Run out of champagne in a city centre establishment!

Very much a " clique" environment at the rear bar - not made welcome although the young inexperienced and untrained bar staff tried their best and were pleasant within the parameters of the landlord overlooking their shoulder.

Only went to this establishmenat as a guest - Not a place to which I shall return

1  Thank Graham D
There are newer reviews for The New Inn

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Along time since I had last visited the New Inn but when we arrived in Salisbury I still had a vague idea of where it was. There are classy, sort of gastro, pubs in Salisbury but we wandered past those until I found the New Inn on New Street down by the cathedral.
This is much more of an "original" pub with decent beers and is laid out such that there seem to be lots of little rooms rather than just the bar and a restaurant. The beer garden at the back is quite a sun trap and relatively secluded overlooking the cathedral.
It was quiet when we arrived and when we asked for the menu were told we did not have to have baguettes as it was just as easy to provide sandwiches - nice touch.
Sandwich or baguette, it turns up well filled with some crisps and a decent amount of salad stuff on the side. For me it is always a drawback having food served on what seem to be bits of old driftwood. If we had known we would have asked for proper plates.
The place is obviously still popular because as we sat enjoying ourselves it filled up with people who seemed to be more local than tourist.
Worth a visit and worth going back.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have been to this pub on a few occasions when visiting Salisbury and I like its character and the way the pub is set out - there always seems to be another room. A good selection of beers including real ales and helpful staff. Also does food. I have been there when it has been quiet and when it has been busy but no real complaints

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I often visit the New Inn and it is always a first choice when meeting up with friends. Good selection of ales. I feel the only thing that lets the pub down is the ladies toilet which is very outdated and freezing!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Visited the New Inn with the wife for some lunch whilst out shopping for the day, the pub is a typical old traditional pub with a good selection of real ales and the food is good pub grub, the food might be slightly on the expensive side but it is of a good quality and standard, we would definitely visit again and the staff are very friendly and polite. We would recommend this pub to our friends.