“Possibly the slowest service I have ever had to endure”

Cafe Rouge Salisbury
Ranked #159 of 270 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Café Rouge Salisbury is the place to come for a romantic dinner a deux or a quick bite with friends. Fabulous French fare awaits, all set within our Parisian inspired restaurant design. Take a seat in one of our beautiful banquettes and relax a glass of your fave vin rouge.
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived with my partner on Friday evening and despite the restaurant only having about 10 other diners the service was painfully slow.

We did enjoy our food which was why I have given 2 stars but that couldn't make up for the service.

In end we got up and made our own way to the bar to pay and even then the staff did not acknowledge that they had almost certainly forgotten about us.

We won't be returning.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Popped in for a spot of dinner with my wife, two children and our au pair. The waitress was very uninterested in taking our order. Food was very plain and lacked flavour. The medium rare steak was over-cooked, and the well done was dry. Both were served with a garnish of half a whole head of garlic which looked like something you would find in a black bin liner in the kitchen, rather than on the plate. The children's meals are measly and the salad was not dressed, and no sauces or dressing were offered. It was very difficult to attract the attention of the staff. When we did they were a bit rude. I did mention to my French wife that they had got the French service spot on - she was not amused! All in all a rather poor dining experience. The coffee was OK, and the toilets were clean. Hard to recommend this place.

1  Thank IanSwindon
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Having read quite a few negative reviews before writing this, our lunch for four was very good. Went midweek at lunchtime and the place was very busy. Opted to sit outside and enjoy the summer sunshine. We were given menu's straight away and they took our drinks order which came back in five minutes. Placed our lunch orders and service was fine. The food was excellent and could not fault the service. Relaxed and enjoyable. Maybe we were just lucky but the other tables around us seemed to be equally satisfied. Lots of these types of establishments seem to get a slating when things are hectic especially at weekends. Guess we just chose the right time to dine ?

1  Thank promenade39
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Visited Salisbury this morning with the family and popped into Cafe Rouge for lunch. What a waste of money that was. Starters were OK. took an age to arrive, but you can't ruin bread and olives and a few prawns in sauce.

Main course was a disaster. Again took an age to arrive. I went for the burger with Camembert and bacon. cold and chewy. Overcooked to say the least. The highlight of the meal was the fries. Not bad - tasted just like Mac Donald's. My wife and daughter decided on baguettes. worst bread in the world. Tasted of yuck and very undigestable.

This little lot 3 cokes and 3 coffees cost me £60. As I said should have gone to MacDonald's.

1  Thank Charles C
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very rude staff, food,coffee cold spoke to duty manager who had the attitude of a donkey they just did not care.

1  Thank Geoff P