“Quite Extraordinary!”
Review of The Queens Arms

The Queens Arms
Ranked #157 of 276 Restaurants in Salisbury
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Popped in on the off-chance with a friend for Sunday Lunch a few weeks ago. The interior of the pub doesn't exactly fill one with confidence although it's not to say it's unwelcoming. Service at the bar was friendly and while we sat having ordered our food watched a table - in the bar - being laid especially for us.
We didn't have to wait long. Food was served graciously and my portion, the medium, was almost more than I could eat. Beautifully cooked roast meat, a very good selection of vegetables also well-cooked and proper sauces albeit still in the jars (a homely and down-to-earth touch) made an excellent meal at a very advantageous price.
Went again with the same friend and another two weeks ago. First time wasn't a fluke - this time was every bit as good as the first and I shall definitely go again.....and again.

As they say: 'Miss it, miss out'!

1  Thank Wayland_Smith

Reviewed 11 December 2013

All the meals here are excellent and home-cooked with fresh, seasonal vegetables. Even the sandwiches are made with the freshest bread I've ever tasted and generously filled. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are very generous - bear this in mind when you order a Sunday roast lunch, as my plate was piled high with veg and several, thick slices of meat. To be honest, it was probably the best Sunday lunch I have ever had at a pub/restaurant, with everything cooked to perfection. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Queens Arms for good food & beer - and the locals are very friendly - so even if you just pop in for a quick drink, you will always find yourself chatting to someone!

1  Thank JoBenn47
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Had a drink here and saw some tourists eating good quality pub food which made us visit for dinner the following day. Had the roast lamb shank on a bed of mash with gravy and a separate dish of mixed veg which consisted of cauliflower, carrots and peas. The lamb fell off the bone with a light touch from my fork.
Would highly recommend it, a hidden gem just a short walk from the cathedral - food prepared to order so be patient, it's not fast food it's quality food. We only waited a short while as it was quiet.
Some nice real ales which I didn't see in other pubs in the city.

3  Thank STEPHEN G