“Delightful B & B”

Ranked #1 of 58 Salisbury B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delightful B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at the Cathedral View when we visited Salisbury in September. Wenda and Steve are excellent hosts and very knowledgeable about the area. They made us feel right at home immediately! Steve has a map of the historic sights in the area (and there are many) to visit with descriptions of their relevance. The breakfast was excellent and the rooms were very comfortable. The location was perfect for exploring all that Salisbury had to offer! Practically right across the street from the cathedral!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I chose to stay here mainly because of its proximity to the cathedral. Wenda and Steve are very good at what they do, and I was quite delighted with my stay. I didn’t realize there was an entrance to the Close at the corner of their location, and this proved quite handy. The parking was also a relief. First (with their permit) I was able to park right on the street in front of their B&B. Upon driving out and returning again, the street parking was completely taken – for at least a mile radius around the B&B. I was so happy when they gave me directions to their nearby parking lot! When you stay with Wenda and Steve, you are treated like family. I loved the homemade cookies left in our room, and the snacks they sent us off with for the day! Wenda was delightful, and as a person, I would choose to spend more time with her (sorry Steve, you were busy cooking). Lastly, I rarely heed hotel advice on where to eat, just in case they have a “business” relationship. (I am more than happy to research my own locations.) However, my mom insisted we listen to Wenda and Steve so we went to nearby “The Cloisters” pub. Their unique take on beef pie was absolutely delicious and affordable – definitely high on the list of best food on my trip! Some other tidbits: 1) They are on a main street. I wanted a view of the cathedral, and I got one. They warned me of the noise, but I preferred the view. 2) My GPS was terrible in Salisbury. Unless you want to see back-alleys, have Steve give you directions. 3) My GPS was useless for Stonehenge because the entrance has moved, and the signage was barely helpful. We were panicked!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Cathedral View is excellently placed in in the street next to the Cathedral close. Most of central Salisbury is an easy walk. Steve and Wenda are excellent hosts and Steve’s notes and maps on what to see are very useful. The room was on the first floor. It was very comfortable (probably the best beds we slept on in our time in the UK). The tea and coffee making facilities were not as generous as we had found elsewhere which was a little disappointing. Breakfast was very nice and well prepared. Parking in the street was no issue for us with the Hotel supplying a resident permit for the stay. I would happily stay again if in Salisbury.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
cathedralfan, Owner at Cathedral View, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for a lovely review . We always lissen to our guests feedback. Our hospitality trays always have a variety of tea bags, instant coffee and decafe coffee, brown and white sugar, sweetener, sachets of milk (fresh available on request) sachets of chocolate, and our home made cookies. Our guests usually ask if they need more of anything. We always try to make everyone's stay with us a good experience. Wenda and Steve
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I love this place! Perfect for vegans.

Upon arrival we felt very welcome and were also given a special "self-guide" leaflet made by Steve, it was a good start to explore Salisbury. He also gave us some info about the current things happening in Salisbury and answered all of our questions. Thanks to his inside information we got to go to the mass at the cathedral, and managed to see the painting in the Church in the city center.

The room was perfect, and we got a view of the cathedral. There were coffee and home made cookies for free :D

They also prepared special vegan snacks just for me and fresh flowers in the room.
Upon booking we had ordered vegan food, which wasn't any problems since Steve and Wenda had excellent knowledge about what veganism is. We also requested to get the food one hour before ordinary breakfast time, which wasn't a problem either.

The problem was I got ill on the night I was staying there, so I couldn't eat anything. Steve and Wenda solved this by cooking a English vegan breakfast and packaging it for me to eat later. He also included juices, fruits and water. I think was the most troublesome costumer ever and Wenda and Steve handled it beautifully. They even gave me some counseling regarding my illness which I am very grateful for.

I really wished I would have stayed one more night, Wenda and Steve were warm people, wonderful hosts, and made us feel extremely welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Recently stayed at Cathedral View for third time to Salisbury. Wenda and Steve are now part of our family. Steve has researched "must sees" while in town and it was so helpful as we toured the cathedral and historic parts of the city. Bed was excellant, Room as immaculate. Hearty breakfast enjoyed with other travelers. The BEST TIME we have had so far. Thank you S & W.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I ended up arriving 3 hours earlier than we were expected to, but Steve and Wenda were more than accommodating in getting us in and set up. Steve was able to give us several maps and great knowledge about the local area with recommendations about where to eat/drink for our stay. Great room with a beautiful view of the cathedral. We had an on-suite bathroom that was clean as could be! Very comfortable bed with clean, crisp sheets. Adorable fireplace in room (although we didn't find need for it in September). Breakfast in the morning was very well prepared and had so many options to choose from. Great coffee and yummy jams/marmalade!
Helpful directions to the Stonehenge bus tour, about a 5 min walk from the B&B. Great sight-seeing close by and a lovely town altogether.

cathedralfan, Owner at Cathedral View, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely long review you did for us. We really appreciate the full marks as it keeps us in a good position and helps potential new guests to find us. Our warmest wishes from Wenda and Steve
atherstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

One of the best b&b's we've ever stayed in,comfortable,clean,excellent breakfast,perfect location to explore,the magnificent city,would be happy to return anytime,+steve&wenda are very friendly & helpful

• Stayed October 2013
cathedralfan, Owner at Cathedral View, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for the praise and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and hope to see you again in the future. warmest wishes from Wenda and Steve