Cathedral View
City Lodge(Salisbury)
King's Head Inn(Salisbury)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsb bhomemade jamsgreat hostswealth of knowledgefresh fruit saladhelpful informationexeter streeteach morningparking permitthe location is perfectbreakfast was deliciouslocal producewonderful staysurrounding areabed and breakfastmagna cartacomfortable room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2013

In late July of 2013 my son and I did a trip from California to the UK to visit family and do some sightseeing. Upon leaving some cousins in Dorset we headed towards Salisbury with a plan to stay at a B&B. We had made no prior booking and would just check out places upon arrival. We were very fortunate to come across what looked like a great place to stay with an ideal location (very close to the Cathedral and town center).

Our hosts Steve and Wenda provided exceptional customer service and their accommodations were very comfortable, quiet and clean. My son and I were looking forward to a good English breakfast and we were not disappointed – it was excellent and really made a good start to the day in terms of energy levels for the planned sightseeing ahead.

I would highly recommend this quaint historical B&B and would certainly not hesitate to stay again and enjoy Steve and Wenda’s hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank David K
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Though the road in front of this B&B is very busy and parking can be a bit challenging, this is still a great place to stay in Salisbury. The B&B does have parking permits so we could park on the street. Not only is it fairly centrally located -- and right across the street from the Cathedral! -- the hosts are a wealth of information and very helpful. Steve had printed guides and great suggestions on places to visit and eat. They even have negotiated discounts at several places. The rooms were very clean and had homemade cookies to greet us. The bathrooms had the needed amenities for travelers, and the beds were comfortable. We had a beautiful view over the back gardens, while our daughter & husband had a view of the cathedral. And the breakfast was wonderful! Steve has found the best sausages and makes delicious homemade jams. There are options for everything from fruit and granola to a full breakfast. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, but Steve helped us carry the luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BBTravelMom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at the Cathedral View when we visited Salisbury in September. Wenda and Steve are excellent hosts and very knowledgeable about the area. They made us feel right at home immediately! Steve has a map of the historic sights in the area (and there are many) to visit with descriptions of their relevance. The breakfast was excellent and the rooms were very comfortable. The location was perfect for exploring all that Salisbury had to offer! Practically right across the street from the cathedral!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I chose to stay here mainly because of its proximity to the cathedral. Wenda and Steve are very good at what they do, and I was quite delighted with my stay. I didn’t realize there was an entrance to the Close at the corner of their location, and this proved quite handy. The parking was also a relief. First (with their permit) I was able to park right on the street in front of their B&B. Upon driving out and returning again, the street parking was completely taken – for at least a mile radius around the B&B. I was so happy when they gave me directions to their nearby parking lot! When you stay with Wenda and Steve, you are treated like family. I loved the homemade cookies left in our room, and the snacks they sent us off with for the day! Wenda was delightful, and as a person, I would choose to spend more time with her (sorry Steve, you were busy cooking). Lastly, I rarely heed hotel advice on where to eat, just in case they have a “business” relationship. (I am more than happy to research my own locations.) However, my mom insisted we listen to Wenda and Steve so we went to nearby “The Cloisters” pub. Their unique take on beef pie was absolutely delicious and affordable – definitely high on the list of best food on my trip! Some other tidbits: 1) They are on a main street. I wanted a view of the cathedral, and I got one. They warned me of the noise, but I preferred the view. 2) My GPS was terrible in Salisbury. Unless you want to see back-alleys, have Steve give you directions. 3) My GPS was useless for Stonehenge because the entrance has moved, and the signage was barely helpful. We were panicked!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Cathedral View is excellently placed in in the street next to the Cathedral close. Most of central Salisbury is an easy walk. Steve and Wenda are excellent hosts and Steve’s notes and maps on what to see are very useful. The room was on the first floor. It was very comfortable (probably the best beds we slept on in our time in the UK). The tea and coffee making facilities were not as generous as we had found elsewhere which was a little disappointing. Breakfast was very nice and well prepared. Parking in the street was no issue for us with the Hotel supplying a resident permit for the stay. I would happily stay again if in Salisbury.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
cathedralfan, Owner at Cathedral View, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Thank you for a lovely review . We always lissen to our guests feedback. Our hospitality trays always have a variety of tea bags, instant coffee and decafe coffee, brown and white sugar, sweetener, sachets of milk (fresh available on request) sachets of chocolate, and our home made cookies. Our guests usually ask if they need more of anything. We always try to make everyone's stay with us a good experience. Wenda and Steve