“Delicious food and outstanding customer service”
Review of Bill's Salisbury

Bill's Salisbury
Ranked #25 of 270 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and outstanding customer service”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We spotted Bill's upon our early morning arrival and thought it looked inviting. My wife had the vegetarian breakfast and I had the pancakes. The ladies who greeted and served us were extremely polite and friendly, and could not have been more helpful. The food came quickly and was absolutely delicious. My wife's, in particular, was amazing. Throughout, the service by the ladies was so friendly, we felt like old friends of them all within minutes. In fact we enjoyed the meal so much we decided we would return for our dinner later.

And so we did, and got a seat quickly and easily, despite it being busy. We were recognised from our morning visit, despite it being almost 10 hours earlier. And despite not being our server, the young lady came and chatted to us briefly, asking us how our day had been. Frankly we were blown away by this friendly, personal service that is so rare these days. Again the food was superb, and quickly delivered. I had chicken from the grill, and my wife had sea-bream on tagliatelle. Both had a subtle mix of flavours, none of which were over-powering, but neither were in danger of being bland. Moreover, my wife decided to buy some of their products and we were surpised to be offered to have it gift wrapped. This was at 8.30pm on a busy bank holiday evening! My wife, who is very particular, was blown away by the quality of the dramatic wrapping. Yet again we were so impressed by our experience we decided we would visit again the next day.

Visit again we did, twice more in fact! Making four visits in only two days. We had delicious scones with clotted cream for a later morning snack, and had a mix of starters for a late lunch/early dinner. Each time we bought a few more of their products for gifts, and got them perfectly giftwrapped.

Overall the food was consistently delicious, but what pushed this to a five star rating was the friendly, efficient, utterly exemplary service. In this day in age, it was a rare treat, and what was drew us back time and again. If I hadn't been a member of Tripadvisor already, I would have joined simply to write this review!

London, England, United Kingdom
“Usual high standard”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Warm welcome. Very good food. Good house wine. Attentive & pleasant waiting staff. They came to apologise when they thought our food was taking some time. We hadn't noticed. My hake was simply delicious. My girlfriend's chicken skewers went down well (not brilliant but acceptable). We shared a great starter of deep fried halloumi .... a new one on me. No complaints.

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Always a good bet for a light meal with good choices”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Bills have a great menu catering for most tastes I would think. Lunch with work colleagues so we wanted light and quick. Their light dishes/ starters are a good bet if you don't want much and are limited for time. Service is good. If the place isn't busy, make sure you hunt around for a table that you like. Some are in dingy corners, others light and bright. There's a nice little courtyard for dry days and even blankets provided to wrap around legs.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Delightful Breakfast”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a wonderful breakfast with really good pancakes covered with fresh fruit. The orange juice was fresh squeezed, the american coffee a bit strong but overall a wonderful breakfast experience.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was the first time we had visited this establishment, the Staff were very friendly and we were served very quickly. We ordered Cod and Chips which looked very nice on delivery but the batter was quite thick and rather soggy which was very disappointing. We felt it was rather overpriced for what we received and don't expect to visit again

• Visited August 2014