Alabare House
US$137
Excellent 5/5
US$102
Very Good 4/5
Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$100
US$98
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$119
Great 4.5/5
US$94
PremierInn.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsguest housechristian retreatroom was cleansecure parkingplenty of parking spaceshort walk into salisburylovely guesthouseb bselection of cerealsyogurtstayed here for nightsfull englishcooked breakfastwalking distancecity centrewarm welcomegated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2012

When we arrived in Salisbury we were too early to check in by a couple of hours. After texting the owner he said we could check in early. At the check in we were asked what we would like for breakfast the next morning and what time we would like it. We were given our keys and shown to our rooms. The rooms are very homely and quiet. They are lovely and clean as are the two shared bathrooms (one shower room one bath room).
After a really good sleep in the very comfortable beds we went down for breakfast. The breakfast area was welcoming and clean and there was a selection of juices,bread and cereals to choose from. When our cooked breakfast arrived it looked and tasted lovely. The scrambled eggs were the fluffiest I have eaten for a long time!
The location is good. A short walk into Salisbury meant the car could stay in the car park at the hotel avoiding car park charges.
We only stayed one night but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and for longer.
Thank you John for a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tricia P
Reviewed 8 July 2012

An easy walk into central Salisbury, on-site parking and a clean, comfortable room looking onto a peaceful garden. Friendly staff were relaxed about my late arrival and printed me off a city map when I asked for directions the next morning. Comfortable beds, plenty of fluffy white towels. Sink in room and shared, spotlessly clean bathrooms. Large tables in the breakfast room meant I shared with another couple and therefore had the opportunity to start a conversation with them. So much more convivial than eating in silence or with a book, although I am sure that would have been OK too. Although Christian-run, no obvious Christian imagery in the rooms and good to know that any profits are going to support work a successful programme of support amongst the disadvantaged.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Katrina V
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Terrible breakfast. Really disappointing. Room ok but beds small. Good central location.
Would be ok for a night, but not for longer. Nice city.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Traveller696969
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I've stayed for one night in Alabare guesthouse. This is a very small place where you can stay in rest. The house is very silent and you can have a good quality sleep.

You can also order your breakfast at night and you can request at certain time in the morning.

Cons: Very nice staff, very clean and silent hotel. The beds are very comfortable and large.
Pros: If you have lugga in your hand it will take long time to walk from train station to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank FiratB
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stopped here for 1 night while visiting some friends but had a mixed experience.
The good points:
Its set apart in a residential area with a secure care park(may be a bit of walk if you dont have a car though), the rooms were clean.
The bad:
I stopped in a twin room and the beds were a little too short (i'm average height). Perhaps this was an oversight as they didnt appear to have my booking information when I arrived.
Breakfast. It didnt exist
Myself and another guest found the breakfast hall deserted. In fact nobody was to be found, we found our breakfast orders pinned up in the empty kitchen. We would have complained but there was nobody to complain to so I just left a note saying I had checked out. Strange.
Hard to form too much of an opinion as whether this was a one off error or if it is just badly organised after only staying one night but I dont intend to return

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo