“Good food, disappointing service”

Wildwood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #52 of 274 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The selection of food was excellent, if you like freshly prepared pizzas, pastas and grilled food. I had calamari as a starter and a meatball lasagne as a main. The lasagne was pretty tasty, despite a couple of gristly bits. However, the service was pretty poor. At first, the waittress was quite welcoming, but when it came to asking for drinks we asked both her and a waiter for a coke - and then proceeded to watch them make a drink for themselves before completely forgetting to get us a drink. It was odd for one to do it, but you have to wonder how it happened twice - is this typical? No excuse at any time, but even more inexcusable given that there appeared to be more staff than customers. Also, I had to return a knife that they provided as it already was pretty dirty with food already on it. Shame about the service, as it would otherwise have been quite a nice place to eat.

3  Thank Oscard17

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Wildwood recently opened on the market square and we had wanted to try it out for a while. We went with my mum and dad on a Wednesday lunchtime and I would say that nearly all the tables were full.

The restaurant itself is open plan with no booths or walls to break up the space. It meant that, with all the people, the place was really loud and gave it the impression of a fast food restaurant. My parents who are in their 70s could barely hear us over the hubbub.

We were sat over to the far side of the restaurant. It didn't look as the wall had been painted and there were some holes in the wall. But maybe that was deliberate.

The menu is italian inspired with mainly pizza, pasta and risotto dishes. Some grills and salads also.

I had the peri peri chicken penne which I ordered with extra chilli. It was a really good sized portion and the pasta was well cooked with a bit of bite. My husband had the prawn linguine which he also said was alright, although he thought the pasta was over. My dad had the chorizo and wild boar burger which looked great.

The desserts were really big portions. Both my mum and husband had the sundaes which were huge and very good.

The service was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive.

Overall, a good meal but I think there are nicer places to eat in Salisbury for the same price range.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Friendly staff, made us feel welcome and didn't, like many others, squeeze us on a small table. Lots of room, casual atmosphere, attentive and warm. We got the wrong food but it was sorted without fuss and the mains were taken off the bill (which we neither expected or asked for). Pizza was good - would recommend the giganti and a couple of sides to share. Would go back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We came for a friends birthday and had a lovely experience. Staff were very friendly and the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere. We forgot a cake so one of the waiters organised some candles to come out with a dessert. We even got candy floss!
The food was good, but only good, unfortunately nothing that impressive. Personally seemed more of a lunchtime menu rather evening dinner.
However pleasant restaurant with attentive and smiling staff.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went here as a party of 7 people to celebrate a birthday.
Very attentive staff and we received immediately glasses of water with lemon & lime & a complimentary bottle of bubbly
The menu had a very good choice of food for everyone's liking, and what everyone ordered & received was very delicious!
Really pleasant atmosphere and I will be returning again in the future.