“True class”
Review of Anokaa Restaurant

Anokaa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anokaa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$57 - US$57
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Every aspect if this place is amazing. Cannot even go into detail as I would be here all night. The food is far superior to any other restaurant, the staff are so friendly and professional I could go on and on. 5* and above!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had read reviews of this restaurant and was intrigued by the differences, direct opposites, between some of the reviews of this modern Indian restaurant. So I persuaded my wife to go there one evening when we were staying in Salisbury. As it turned out, I did not enjoy the experience. Not the fault of the restaurant but I had an upset tummy which was more upset than I had thought. But I saw enough to be able to provide some positive comments. First impression was that this was a very bust restaurant. Even on a Wednesday evening it was packed and we had to wait for a table to become vacant. The décor is very pleasant with a fairly high impact - one wall seemed to consist of tanks of water with cascades of bubbles which changed colour and there were mirrors which were so clear that at times I wasn't sure if I was seeing reflections or something on the other side. All the staff except the maitre d', who was elegantly dressed in a dark suit, wore identical uniforms. Everything about the restaurant spoke of this being no ordinary Indian establishment. Even the menu , which is comparatively short, is full of unusually interesting sounding dishes which one is unlikely to see in other establishments. Poppadums and chutneys were excellent. We tried a seafood sharing starter which seemed a little expensive for what we got. Unfortunately it just about finished me off as when it came to my main course, pork vindaloo, (perhaps not the wisest choice in light of my tummy!) I found I just could not do more than scratch at it which was a shame as the aroma was out of this world and the little I had was tasty and pretty hot ((contrary to what a previous reviewer had said). I had Okra along with this which would have been good too. My wife had a vegetarian dish which she really enjoyed, although she felt it was a little spicier than she would have liked.

It was a fairly expensive evening and, because of my incomplete dining experience I cannot truly judge the value for money - I've given 3 stars but it could have been 4. Whatever, It must, overall, be a solid 4... and if I had been 100%, who knows?

It would have been a good outing if I had been well. As it is I can only say that if you want something a bit different in a restaurant with more than a touch of class, Anokaa is well worth trying.

1  Thank puttingitright
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Absolutely amazing place, highly reccomended by family who live in the area. I ordered the medley of canapes-an array of bite size taste bud tickling sensations which comprised of 4 different tasters, was a slight shame waiter did not explain what each thing was as I would have liked to have known the description of each.I can only guess one was a beef, one was chicken another was a brocolli in a tempura batter and the 4th was a mini stuffed pepper. Each had a different couli sort of sauce drizzle to compliment the taster. For my main I ate the modu murg which was strip sof suculent cooked chicken breasts in a honey and coconut creamy sauce with shavings of crisp parsnips to top. the chicken was so moist and tender it just melted in my mouth so dleicious and plentiful, it seemed it was either a huge chicken breast or there was 2 as i could simply not finish it all! Desert I had the minit mousse and raspberry sorbet with dark chocolate shavings, dleiciously light and refreshing. I expected quite a small portion but once more was suprised with the size of the mousse. Overall a different take on indian cuisine felt like fine dining with each dish beautifully presented as a feast for the eyes and tastebuds. I cant wait to visit so i can try a new dish!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Although the location is great and in the middle of the town, the food is not even close to Indian food taste. For someone who is used to proper indian food, this is not the place to go to.

2  Thank Nmabdul
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I've loved in Salisbury long enough to have tried most of the restaurants in town. Anokaa is one of a very small list that I would consider a good restaurant and not just good for Salisbury.

The evening menu is very exciting for an Indian restaurant. The pork vindaloo is amazing (and nowhere near as brutally spicy as the name would suggest) and the lamb rogan josh is superb as you get a lamb shank and not the indescribable lumps of meat that you would expect from a lesser restaurant.

My favourite time to visit, however, is at lunch time for the buffet. The choices are fairly limited (only one or two curries plus starters and sides) but what they do serve is delicious, generous with the meat and unlimited. Without doubt preferable to the usual buffet offerings of 10 mediocre curry sauces and the odd scrap of meat if you ferret around amongst the vegetables for long enough.

1  Thank John D