“Service excellent, food excellent”
Review of Anokaa Restaurant

Anokaa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anokaa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 271 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$57 - US$57
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went here with a group, 16 of us, service and food was excellent. I would recommend this to anyone, be careful as this is a little expensive but worth it. Not you’re normal Indian. I have travelled to India and the food here is better.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have been going to Anokaa for many years now, and it remains my favourite place for a celebratory evening meal. The first time I came, I was astonished by how good the food was compared to the rest of Salisbury. The dishes were creative and intensely flavourful, served in a classy atmosphere with knowledgable and attentive service. I was surprised to encounter a table magician on my first visit, a slightly tacky addition that still improved the overall experience by adding a bit of family-friendly fun and prevented the evening from becoming too pretentious.

Since then, Salisbury has undergone something of a culinary transformation and the restaurant scene is now much more competitive. Despite this, Anokaa continues to hold its own in an increasingly crowded indian food market.

Anokaa is a restaurant where you get what you pay for. The a la carte menu is chock full of delightful dining experiences, but it is not cheap. A more affordable buffet is available over lunch time, but the exceptional standards sadly do not carry over, resulting in a mediocre lunch interchangeable with any other buffet you care to point to. Which is to say that it's not terrible, but certainly not as exciting as the evening meal. You can try the buffet to get an idea of what to expect in terms of service and atmosphere, but it's an unnecessary addition to the evening menu.

My main complaint with Anokaa is that over the many years I have been visiting, the menu seems to have remained entirely static. This is a problem as the most enjoyable part of Anokaa is discovering something entirely new, but I have worked my way through most of the menu at this point. Perhaps I have simply missed the changes that have been made, but I would like to see a thorough revision eventually.

For travellers passing through, I recommend that if you only visit one restaurant in Salisbury, make it this one.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been to this restaurant a few times before and really enjoyed it. This weekend was no exception. We have a 4 year old, 2 year old and 9 month old twins so eating out is daunting for us. The staff here are amazing. They found us a table with room for our double pram with no fuss. They made the children's water look special with ice and slices of orange. The buffet lunch is lovely with lots of fresh salad type dishes, and vegetable dishes like grilled aubergine alongside traditional Indian starters. There were lots of fruit and vegetables and non spicy things for the children to eat. Even the babies enjoyed chicken, popadom and cucumber. When the twins crawled off in different directions, the staff smiled and collected one of them and made him giggle, then brought him back. They made us and the children feel very welcome. This is a really friendly restaurant which serves excellent food, and will be one of our family favourites for years to come.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This restaurant is situated in an uninspiring location but the food is extremely good and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Indian canapes for four were small in portion size but high in quality, flavour and presentation. Main dishes were NOT the usual indian restaurant dishes. They demonstrated great imagination using a variety of ingredients not commonly found in indian restaurants and in combinations of flavour and texture that were a revelation. Usual indian fodder is available on request but why would you? The wine list was also imaginative. A very good red wine from the Lebanon complemented my duck superbly. We will certainly go back next time we are in Salisbury.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had a fantastic meal at this restaurant
The staff are very welcoming and friendly and the food and service is great
The atmosphere is very relaxing and the seating and air conditioning is comfortable too
would highly recommend a visit