“Hungover waiter, waitress boasting about her night out”
Review of Cactus Jacks

Cactus Jacks
Ranked #146 of 269 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Stevenage Hertfordshire
“Hungover waiter, waitress boasting about her night out”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I have to say the waiter was lovely, but the food left a lot to be desired. My daughter asked for a tequila sunrise (not on the cocktail menu) and the waiter googled it and made her one, nice. The food was bland (apart from the occasional hit of a jalapeño) and very disappointing.

We didn't stay long as the service staff were too busy talking about their social lives to remember to bring our water or get our order right...

Shame 'cos i had high hopes for this restaurant...

Visited May 2014
1 Thank scatti1

“Disappointed!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Oh dear!! As a vegetarian for over 30 years I specifically asked for the vegetarian option (I go a bit OTT when asking in any restaurant - just to make it clear). You've guessed it - I got the meat version. I took a spoonful of the fadiha (like a kidney bean stew) and bit into a piece of chorizo (ugh!!!). I brought this to the attention of the waitresses and although they apologized and kept asking if I wanted a drink or something else to eat, I felt rather nauseous, therefore, may appeared a bit aloof. This was a shame as the outing was a birthday treat for my son. Although, the price of the meal was eventually deducted from the bill (my husband pointing this out), I thought they could have deducted the extra drink I ordered (£3.00 worth), but no!! Doubt if we will be returning, which is a shame.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lesley S
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, but bad service”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Recently eat here for my friends birthday, which I was excited about, as it is one of my favourite restaurants. Everything was going well, until they got our drink order wrong the second time. Then when it came down to our food order, something went terribly wrong where out of a group of 6 they managed to get 2 wrong orders! Fair enough i can understand if the restaurant was busy, but it was a Sunday night! Then when it came to our bill, they were wanting service charge that came to £15! After this experience, I certainly won't be attending for a while.

• Visited May 2014
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“The best fun for a meal out”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

A great restaurant for a party atmosphere, good reasonable mexican style food, plenty of beer, wine and cocktail options,I have been numerous times for birthdays etc, in fact we are going this Friday

Visited February 2014
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, great food. Kids loved it.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We recently had a very nice meal here. 2 adults 2 children. It was an early monday evening and so was quite quiet but it didn't feel deserted...just fine. The surroundings are very pleasant...all wood tables and low lighting which adds to the atmosphere.

Staff were very good with our kids, taking the time to chat to them and having left some sombreros for us all to wear which was fun for the photos.

Food was really good. Don't know why one of the comments below said 'small portions'...that's just not the case! We had a share for 4 nachos to start and it was huge (and really tasty)! The main dishes were great too....we've been to the states and this was as good as anything we got there! You've gotta remember that Mexican food is pretty 'dense' so you don't need a huge pile...to fill you up!

All in all a really nice evening out with the family....great surroundings and staff and we all went home feeling very full up!

• Visited April 2014