“Not as good as before”

Ranked #35 of 280 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It was very nostalgic opening in this lovely city; I spent a couple of my much younger years here. The market square reminds me of the fruit and veg shopping that I used to do on my bike. Never in a million years did I imagine returning as a restaurant owner with a very different purpose right opposite this very square! I had great fun working with the design of this big restaurant to create the intimate, comfortable feel I was after. One room is particularly interesting with books lining the far wall and lots of frames on the other. I’m told lots of customers request a table there.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been regulars at this restaurant since it opened and often pop in for a tapas lunch when shopping in Salisbury - in fact I have written a review of it before.

Over the last year or so we have noticed that, although the prices have not altered, the size of the dishes has shrunk considerably. For example: the 2 giggling squid meal used to consist of an average of 4 to 5 pieces of squid and now only has 2 or 3 and the beef salad which comes with it used to be served in a bowl but is now on a small plate and contains considerably less than it did.

I appreciate that prices have risen but it would be more honest to raise the price a little to cover the cost rather than assume that the public are too stupid to notice the shrinking amount of food.

We have sadly decided that it no longer provides good value for money. There are other Thai restaurants in Salisbury which have not allowed standards to slip and we will be giving our custom to them in future.

1  Thank melbermar

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly staff delicious Thai food and plenty to eat both in choice and quantity. A most enjoyable evening and should I visit Salisbury again, I will revisit, especially for the lamb shanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

And we're really glad we didn't. Must have walked past a hundred times every time saying we must eat in there. This was the lunchtime and it won't be the last. Thai food really benefits from the tapas treatment particularly at lunch time. Delicate flavours, thoughtfully presented and with attentive service. Good value too. Eclectic decor and furnishings make for a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lunch before a school reunion I'd never been and it was my brothers choice.

Really pleased to have found it they do a tasting lunch plate which was more than adequate.

It would seem to be a family owned chain and I hope they open one soon in Cardiff

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Took my wife here for her first visit and not disappointed. Good tasty Jungle curry, served quickly in informal relaxed surroundings