“Evening meal”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Lovely Thai restaurant, all dishes really tasty and beautifully presented. Small cosy atmosphere, well placed for early meals before going to the City Hall or Playhouse. Second visit and will definitely go again

1  Thank JRA8284

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Often in Salisbury on business. Usually on my own. So like to go somewhere to eat where I feel comfortable on my own. I have been to Thai Sarrocha and The Rai d'or, both in Salisbury and both do Thai cuisine. They are also very good. Thought I would try the Thai Orchid, as never been here before. I have to say, it beats the other two in terms of quality, portion size and value for money. The place looks a bit shabby on the outside, but then again its on Fisherton St, which is a bit of a dump. However if you go in, you will find a very pleasant setting, friendly attentive staff and good food. You will not be disappointed and furthermore you will enjoy it!

2  Thank wbenny1968
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

One of the best meals I've had in a long while. Really delicious and lots to choose from. You can ask to have things a bit spicier if you need to, which I find is a bonus! Nothing is too much trouble and the staff are gracious and totally friendly. Such a lovely place to relax and eat!

1  Thank adamjpope
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Was really looking forward to a meal here and unfortunately were bitterly disappointed. We ordered the mixed starter (£7.95 per person) which seemed quite overpriced for 1 prawn toast, 1 chicken satay stick, 1 crispy prawn, 1 spring roll and 1 chicken thing wrapped in a leaf. The chicken satay and spring roll were bland and tasteless and as we unwrapped the chicken thing we discovered it was completely raw inside. We pointed this out to the very charming and smiley waitress who apologised and said she would raise it with the chef.
There was then a mistake with our mains - the system of ordering by menu item number backfired as it seems the chef misread a number and so the wrong dish turned up. Polite apologies again and a warning it would take a while to rectify. My companion had to eat his dish while hot (also quite bland) - the other one arrived 15 mins later so I had to eat it alone and it also was quite an underwhelming curry compared to others we've had elsewhere.
When we got the bill the smiling waitress again laughed and apologised for all our trouble and gave us £4 off the bill which seemed like quite an empty gesture given we were served raw chicken and then a basic mistake was made with the mains which led to overall quite a frustrating and disappointing evening.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Had the Sunday lunch buffet and really enjoyed the food.
It was all fresh and tasty with unusual salads and plenty of interesting meat and veg' options. Not like some buffets which are often dominated by deep fried foods.
The place was a little over full and we had to squeeze in upstairs in the back room (front room looked better but that was packed too)
Staff were OK but soft drinks were very expensive.
Stairs are narrow & steep so we felt we had a little 'work out ' each time we refilled our plate, seriously its was probably a little dangerous with the kids sat on them too but that's just the modern tendency to let toddlers mill about these days I suppose (or were they the staff's)
Next time we'll book in advance and get a downstairs table and on a quieter day perhaps.

1  Thank Stueeee