City Lodge
Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$144
US$140
Orbitz.com
Excellent 5/5
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$118
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
US$95
PremierInn.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbiscuitsbudget hotelwalls are thinstreet car parkfree wifibottled watersunday nightthe ground floorleave the cartea and coffeecomfortable bednight's sleepminute walkwould stay againthe room was nicegood sizetown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Upon arrival, I was greeted with an nochalant, non-commital "Hi-ya"! by a receptionist whose English was difficult to understand. Surely a foreigner can be trained to ask a guest their name and a "Can I help you". Although the hotel website had said that breakfast could be had for an extra Five Pounds (and that on top of a whacking Sixty-Pound plus overnight stay bill!), I was informed upon arrival that breakfast was not served at all. The noise from a nightclub in the vicinity seriously disturbed my sleep. As I was only in Salisbury for 2 nights, I decided not to try to find another place to stay but I wouldn't go back to this particular hotel again. I could find no "single room" box to click on the website, so had to pay for a twin room. Inaccurate / bad website altogether.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank 666dissatisfied
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Accommodations were great and clean. The staff were all pleasant and very helpful and knowledgeable. Once you are parked everything is an easy walk and you can enjoy all that the town has to offer.

There are two main areas to be aware of; first is that there is no direct parking at the lodge (you must park in a covered parking garage about 5 - 8 minute walk) and the noise does carry through the walls, ceilings and in from the hallways. The beds are very comfortable and once the night life dies down you can get some great sleep.

Room Tip: Make mention about the noise and maybe you will be given a room upstairs away from the action of the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 2havefun2
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed overnight on a Thursday. Welcoming and efficient receptionist. The location is perfect, near the city centre. Free parking outside the door from 18.00-08.00, thereafter paid parking nearby. BUT no net curtains in my ground floor back room meant that I was totally overlooked by an alleyway and a number of windows. I pulled back my curtain in the morning to find a chap in his underpants having a fag (could have been worse) right outside my window. He was as startled as I was. Also, as mentioned in other reviews, the sound proofing is appalling. I heard every action of the guests in the room above me. Most disconcerting. Still good value, tho'.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank jaw43
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Just had a great night at city lodge. I was travelling alone with my baby and they were very helpful in every way.

The room was very clean and sizeable. All the staff were really nice and helpful and the location is great. Especially liked the free apples everywhere nice healthy touch!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Hjl0
Reviewed 12 March 2012

have just returned from a 3 day stay at city lodge. I.m a clean freak and i can tell you this hotel is immaculate,.The room was comfortable and fastidiously clean. The bed was uber comfy too. Our children aged 19 and 26 were in room 9 which was straight across from the local nightclub but were quickly moved once we asked the very helpful and pretty receptionist, Nothing was to much bother and we will most certainly be back. Highly recommended .

Room Tip: Go for the back of the hotel. Main street is can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family