City Lodge
  • Restaurant
US$108
US$99
  • Breakfast included
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$98
US$100
The Pembroke Arms Hotel(Wilton)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$130
US$147
Best Western Red Lion Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$106
Priceline
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbiscuitsbudget hotelwalls are thinstreet car parkfree wifibottled watersunday nightthe ground floorleave the cartea and coffeecomfortable bednight's sleepminute walkwould stay againthe room was nicegood sizetown centre
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately I only checked the reviews of this hotel after I had checked in for the night.
My room was located at the front of the hotel and as is said in other reviews it is extremely noisy. It is now 12:30am on a Tuesday night and it sounds like they are having a street party. I have had to go outside and move my car away from the revellers as when I looked out of my window several of them where leaning on it!!!
Although the hotel is clean and the staff are pleasant I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed in salisbury on a Friday night at city lodge. The price was very reasonable and definitely value for money.

Hotel centrally located with street parking - free at night but you have to be up sharp and you can only park for 1 hour. There is a good parking round the corner from there during day time.

The staff were so cheerful and helpful. I was booked in a twin room but they upgraded to a double room for free upon request. The room put a smile on my face. Not the biggest room I have ever seen but so clean and cosy. Very nice bed. Clean shower area. The attention to detail was excellent. I was touring the surrounding area and this is by far the best budget hotel i stayed in and I stayed in 1 Hilton during my trip. Free wifi, good tea/coffee, good biscuits. They even have 2 fresh delicious apple in your room.

There are nightclubs across the road and it can be a little annoying. I slept well despite that and would still go back and recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I found the City Lodge clean and comfortable, and it's in a great central location too. I also loved the fact that there were single rooms without a supplement! The reception staff were friendly and knowledgeable and even helped me out by letting me use their computer when I had a bit of a boarding pass nightmare... It's true that there is noise from the nightclub across the road - I didn't hear much from the revellers, but was aware of the bass pounding in the background. However, I can honestly say it didn't stop me from getting to sleep, and I slept through comfortably both nights I stayed (Friday and Saturday).
All in all, it was excellent value for money - and it was definitely up there amongst the best of the budget hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night recently Aug 2013 :-The Hotel was clean ,the twin room and tea making service good. There is no car parking, except street parking out of hours or the major car parks if your lucky.The reception staff are polite.The negative side to this hotel:- We found no bath shower mat ,the shower unit head just poured water as if in a tap ,the A/c unit which is on most of the time had a intermittant buzzer sound going all night due we think to a faulty component we did complain and were given a partial refund.However the surprise of the night came from all the night clubs just outside ,The noise went on till 3am and you might as well have joined in with the crowd as it was deafning in the twin room even though they had tried to sound proof the room so don't expect to sleep there.If you did manage to park your car on the street ,just be aware the clubbers all pour out on to the street ,so your car becomes a leaning post or toilet or could get damaged.One of the clubs is called the 'Vestry' So if you really want to stay there take ear plugs as you will need them.It appears Salisbury council is not controlling these areas .I can see this hotel shutting down because of the situation in Milford Street.

Room Tip: Get a back room if you stay there
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We spent this weekend at City Lodge Salisbury and would be happy to stay there again if we go back. The rooms are plain but the bed was very comfortable, the room clean and the bath in addition to a shower welcome. Don't expect too many extras, but for a good value, basic place to stay in the centre of Salisbury I recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel and was very quiet; rooms at the front must overlook a couple of nightclubs across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple