“Good Value and Location”
Review of City Lodge

City Lodge
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Salisbury
Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
“Good Value and Location”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is my second visit to City Lodge and again I was not disappointed, nice comfortable en-suite room which was cleaned to a high standard and tea, coffees biscuits and bottled water left for me. Check in was efficient and staff polite. The Lodge is in an ideal location for all the main tourist sites and I had a good nights sleet, I note other comments about noise from the nearby club but I have visited at times when the club was not open but would imagine it is a good idea at Weekends to get a rear room.

The last time I visited there was a continental breakfast delivered to my room, it is disappointing that this service has been withdrawn, although I was aware of this before I booked again. It would have topped off my stay nicely although I can recommend the Flamingo Café just up the road for a good cooked breakfast for 4.50

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Czech first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I booked into this hotel for 2 nights as a last minute trip to cheer my sister up! The price was affordable and when we arrived the location was great too! :)
The only moan about the hotel was it is located amongst the bars and clubs- so some noise should be expected. The bus to Stonehenge was 2mins down the road and the town centre was on the doorstep.

Great memories from this trip! I would definitely stay at this hotel again- friendly staff (and even the locals), clean room and plenty to keep you entertained for a few days.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We got the noisy room with the view to the nightclub, during the day we didn't suspect a thing, the room was nice but a bit small, it was very cold outside and therefore inside as well, so we froze during the night. But the really bad thing was beeing woken up by the club every night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank HeVeNy
CityLodge2, General Manager at City Lodge, responded to this review, 12 January 2016
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for your review, we always appreciate guest feedback.
I’m pleased to announce that City Lodge has been completely refurbished since you stayed with us. We have brand new best quality beds, new deco, new bigger TV’s , faster reliable Wii fii etc. City Lodge has been repainted completely and we serviced all the air-conditioned rooms. Extra heaters, blankets are available upon request.
City Lodge Hotel is located right in the town centre with bars and restaurants on the door steps. Yes, it can be noisy on occasion at the front of the hotel however we have plenty rooms available on the back where you can’t hear the noise from the street. Those rooms could be pre booked contacting us directly.
It’s hard for us to deals with the issues if there are not raised at the time. Our aim is to make our guests comfortable during their stay. We can move guests in to a different room on the back of the hotel, we also offer ear plugs on request if we haven’t got any other rooms to move you.
We advise our guest to book the rooms directly with us so we can meet your expectation better and discuss all the options over the phone or via email.
Once again thank you for your feedback and I really hope you will visit us again.
Best Regards,
Agnieszka Z., General Manager at City Lodge Salisbury

Travellers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great location in a main street, close to everything, public transport, shops, Salisbury Cathedral etc. Very pleasant staff, nice clean rooms, only one very small problem with the rooms is that some have an angled roof line which is only a problem for tall people so perhaps if you are tall, mention this when booking. Otherwise we had a nice stay here for three nights and would recommend City Lodge.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rodgerskay
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here for one night in September and were pleasantly surprised with everything. The staff were very friendly, the room was quite tiny, however the bathroom was very large and one of the nicest of our trip. Also, VERY clean. They supplied necessities as well as free bottles of water and fruit in the room and common areas. If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay for a great value, I would recommend City Lodge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My wife and I have visited Great Britain about a dozen times over the last 30 years and always stayed at Bed and Breakfasts. However, we couldn't find a good B&B available in Salisbury so we reserved a room at the City Lodge. The three nights we spent at City Lodge were just fine. The room was very good and very clean. The bathroom was fairly new and good, but a little short on shelves and towel racks. The two female receptionists were very friendly and very helpful. Be careful when parking. Be sure to find out the details about parking as the Salisbury parking regulations are very strict and somewhat hard to understand and can produce an expensive parking fine.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top (third, as I recall) floor have a slanted ceiling because of the roof overhead, mak...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam K
Yateley
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. Good value, the room was clean, the bathroom modern, the hospitality pack was very welcome, the greeting from the receptionist warm and welcoming. They even had a spot to store my precious bike. Right in the middle of the city so lots to see and do within walking distance.

It is opposite a nightclub, The Chapel which was closed; it was a Monday. I have a feeling it might be noisy sometimes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo