“Real luxury”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ascot
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just returned from Cowarth Park and can honestly say the service was impeccable. All the staff are so well trained and the place is pure luxury! We were extremely lucky with the weather and although we were only there 1 night it seemed much longer as we relaxed the moment we arrived. Certainly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Hotel and service are great. But avoid rooms 5 & 7 as they are ground floor with floor to ceiling glass and directly outside is the accesss road/ overflow car park so no privacy unless curtains are drawn. Also £150 for a one hour tennis lesson was a bit steep.

Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank w0nderer
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at Coworth Park and thank you for your feedback on rooms 5 and 7. Your comments have been taken on board and I would be more than happy to offer alternative rooms for your next visit. Our tennis coach currently offers 1 hour lessons for up to 4 people for 75.00 per hour and I apologise for any misunderstanding when we provided you with a quotation. However, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and the hotel and I will be delighted to share your comments with the team here.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

On arrival, as our room wasn't quite ready, we were whisked through to the bar for complimentary drinks. The ambience and decor of the main rooms are fabulous, with quirky touches, like the hilarious 'my little pony' models in the bar (may sound weird, but it isn't!). We were quickly shown to our stable room anyway. This was a two-storey affair and furnished beautifully with v. Modern gadgetry and Bang & Olufson TVs. As a surprise, the hotel had left birthday presents for me and my son - very thoughtful - and champers to say sorry for the room not being quite ready. We did have a slight problem with a broken cot, but guest services were straight round to sort it. In fact, all of the staff were amazing and extremely attentive and helpful, particularly those in the bar and main restaurant. We ate in The Barn, which was nice - I had the fish cakes followed by fish and chips - my only comment would be that more seasoning was required. My son demolished his spaghetti bolognese. I used the gym, which is small but fine. I also jogged through some of the grounds, which are stunning. My husband and son used the pool, which looked amazing. Our stay would have been perfect except for me losing my bag, so we had to leave early. Eventually my bag was found (dozy me had left it at breakfast!) and the ever-so-patient and persevering Rob (security) tracked it down. Because of this, we didn't quite get to use/ see all of the lovely facilities but at least we have an excuse to go back! A wonderful place and well-kept secret.

Room Tip: We had a stable room, just a short walk from the main house. These are a good idea for families as...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed for the Bank Holiday weekend, a wonderful experience, where attention to detail combined with genuinely attentive friendly staff and accommodation with all of the Dorchester's touches thrown in, made it an experience to remember.
Considering there were 3 wedding parties staying at the hotel combined with the PGA golf taking place the service was impeccable.
Afternoon tea is worth the experience as you get a good quality selection and a doggy box to take home any cakes you can't manage at the time.
The Barn restaurant is ideal for casual dining if you don't want to leave the 200 acre grounds.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

A gorgeous resort set on stunning country grounds, conveniently located close to London and Windsor. Well appointed room, impressive dining options, great leisure facilities, good internet, loads of bicycles to take for a spin, well-trained staff. Cowarth Park does not disappoint. The best I can come up with is that the proximity to Heathrow means you will hear and see planes taking off/landing but if, like me, you live in West London then this is nothing new. As a single man I couldn't help but notice the unusual number of children/families - the children were generally well-behaved but perhaps this hotel is slightly more suited to families.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This hotel is absolutely stunning. A lovely country manor style hotel with rooms in the main house and additional ones in the barn. I stayed for one night in a suite in the main house and loved every minute of it. The grounds as you arrive offer beautiful views across the hotel grounds and you are personally greeted as you arrive. The staff have a great attention to detail and showed me to my room and offered to show me the main features but I prefer to nose around! The bathrooms have some great touches including a heated floor and book to read in the bath if you need one!
The rooms all have wifi and nespresso machines for that morning coffee!
I didn't get to try the spa whilst I was there which is my only regret as the pool especially looks so relaxing!
If you have the choice I would definitely recommend a room in the main house overlooking the gardens, the views are just perfect!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your overnight stay at Coworth Park and how much you enjoyed the views across the meadow from your suite and the service and attention to detail from the team here. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit so that you can enjoy some time in the spa and pool.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Coworth Park Hotel is an former country house set in a large and verdant park, surrounded by the exceedingly posh suburbs of Ascot and Virginia Waters. Like many country houses, it was eventually sold and turned into a boarding school before being transformed into the latest jewel in The Dorchester Collection. While the hotel retains its country house appearance, the interior is resolutely contemporary. To my mind, the decor suffers from a surfeit of beige, color being essentially banished from scheme of every room -- quite a contrast from the riot of colour in The Dorchester Hotel in London. Monochromatic though it may be, Coworth Park does offer then same level of supreme comfort and marvelous staffing one finds in all the Dorchester hotels. Great bed, cloud-like pillows, luxuriously-equipped bathroom, vast closet space. We dined in the lounge as the dining room was closed the one night we were there, off a small menu, but were in no way disappointed by the quality of the food we were graciously served. The tenor of the hotel, for all its contemporary elegance, is very relaxed, with guests casually dressed as if at a weekend home in the country. There is an elegant spa, and all manner of outdoor pursuits available, so consider this a great get-away hotel, rather than a hotel not far from Heathrow. Weekday traffic does not make getting to a morning flight easy! Coworth Park is perfect for a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Mansion House overlooking the park are to be preferred to those on the front side of th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at Coworth Park. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how highly you valued the comfort of your room and the service. I am pleased you were able to enjoy dining in The Drawing Room and that you visited the spa during your visit. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I hope to welcome you here again soon.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!