“Everything what you would expect at a 5* hotel”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ascot
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The place is simply amazing. We stayed there in December and our room was very spacious and beautifully set out. It had some traditional furniture with great bit modern touches that created really nice and not intimidating feel. Staff was very helpful and attentive and was able to create fairly relaxed atmosphere – which I think is unusual for the type of place. Food was great, grounds were beautiful and overall a fantastic place to stay if you are in the area and looking for a top service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

It is my pleasure to read your kind feedback on your most recent stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted you felt rested and relaxed after your stay and how much you enjoyed your room, the grounds and gardens and the service from the team. I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manger, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed one night as birthday surprise for my other half. It is unusual for us to book a hotel purely as a treat so was worried about whether it would meet expectations, but we had the most lovely relaxing stay and it is hard to find any fault.

We booked a celebration package which included an upgraded room, a gift and flowers etc in the room which was good value.

The whole experience was definitely five-star standard, from the impeccably manicured gardens through to the sumptuously furnished rooms.

We also used the pool and spa treatments which were great. We went to the cafe at the spa at a quiet time of the afternoon for a meal and we had to wait a while to be served and then for food to arrive - we were not particularly bothered as we were happy relaxing in our fluffy robes. However, without any word of complaint from us, the spa manager approached and apologised most profusely for the wait and said they would be removing all charges for the food from our bill. Says something about the standards they hold themselves to.

Would certainly recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing retreat.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback on your recent visit to Coworth Park. I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy a treatment and the facilities in the spa and how much you appreciated your room and celebration package and flowers. I will share your comments with the team here and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back here again soon.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manger, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Amazing place. Staff pre-empted things you would want and need. Food fabulous with a great wine menu. We stayed in the stables which were wonderful. Modern yet rustic. Spa amazing with under water speakers!!! Worth every penny. Would stay again tomorrow.

• Stayed: December 2013
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent visit to Coworth Park. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay including our wine selection, the room and décor and the service from the team. All guest feedback is of utmost importance and I will share your comments with all my team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My boyfriend booked us a weekend at Coworth Park two weeks ago for my birthday and we found it a very strange and mixed experience. In terms of positives, the staff (on the whole) were exceptional and the dinner we had in the fine dining restaurant on my actual birthday was fantastic. An the other hand, there were negative aspects which we were surprised to experience given the ratings and overall costs of staying there. Firstly, we were very surprised that when we had the do not disturb sign outside our 'cottage', a member of staff not only knocked on the door but then actually came into our room to check the mini-bar... very intrusive to say the least. We then had breakfast delivered to our room the following morning and found it strange that there was a £5 delivery charge on top of the bill. We wondered how on earth would breakfast in bed get to us any other way. Also, for £25 you expect to be provided with butter - another detail that was missed. Finally, my main meal in the Barn on our second night was utterly tasteless which again was very surprising. Overall we had high expectations which were not met given our mixed experience, hence would not return.

3  Thank Ciara L

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your experience at Coworth Park especially relating to the In Room Dining and Barn experience. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak to your further about your visit. I invite you to contact me directly at your convenience.
Kind regards,
Zoë Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Coworth Park is indeed a really nice hotel, the rooms are elegants and well designed, however the food it is not the best, the Barn restaurant is a good one, but the food in the hotel itself lacks of flavor, too plain.
Staff is really good and professional.

Room Tip: Derby suite lovely located, however you will hear not the outside noise but the hall steps from peop...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your most recent visit to Coworth Park. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay including your room and décor, the service from the team here and the food in The Barn. All guest feedback is of utmost importance and I will share your comments on dining in the hotel with the chefs here. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We have stopped at Coworth Park on numerous occasions now but I have never previously written a review. This time our stay was to celebrate our wedding anniversary and was planned as a 1 night stop but we had to change our plans due to an invitation to my bosses wedding the same day. My husband made contact and found the hotel very helpful in changing our plans rebooking table and afternoon tea reservations and in the end we managed a two night stop.

As always we had a lovely stay, very relaxing in a beautiful environment with excellent service. As others have said it is the service at Coworth which makes it stand out - everyone is very attentive but never stuffy. I have to make particular mention of the maitre d' who makes every stop that much more enjoyable.

We stopped in a mansion deluxe room which was beautiful , looking out on the lawns. Facilities are great and for our celebration we had champagne, flowers and an anniversary cake in the room.
Afternoon tea is always a pleasure and spa treatments very relaxing.This is my most favourite place to have a sap treatment.

We ate in the main restaurant on Saturday evening which was really enjoyable. We went for the a la carte menu but were still struggling to fit in the chocolates at the end ( which were scummy but we were just too full). All the food was enjoyable although I do think they need to downsize the tart tatin for 2 as it is far too big . Delicious but incongruous in size.

I always feel sad to leave Coworth and do hassle my other half to think about our next trip. Yes it's expensive but a real treat that is well worth splashing out on .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent stay at Coworth Park. I am delighted to read how much you have enjoyed each visit and that we were able to accommodate your change of plans. It is a pleasure to read that you were able to enjoy afternoon tea, dining in Restaurant Coworth Park and treatments in the spa. I will be sure to share your kind feedback with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay at this fabulous hotel. It was a birthday treat for me and it will be remembered as one of my most special days.

The service is impeccable without being remotely 'stuffy'. The spa treatment was a wonderful experience, the food in The Barn was great and breakfast this morning was gorgeous.

I especially loved the turn down service. We returned to our room to find the bed turned down, slippers placed on a pretty mat by the bed, my toiletries arranged beautifully, bins emptied and all the cushions plumped.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. In fact, I wish I could award 6 stars!

Room Tip: Would recommend splashing out and booking a superior room. We were in room 8.
1  Thank shelford
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful and review of your recent stay at Coworth Park. It is a pleasure to read your kind comments on the service, the food in The Barn and how much you appreciated our turn down service. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of the team here and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Coworth Park very soon.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Great Fosters
Great Fosters
#1 of 3 in Egham
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!