“Lovely weekend break & very to London”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ascot
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely weekend break & very to London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Had a lovely two night break with my Husband. I booked directly with the hotel and had breakfast thrown in which was great. Our room was lovely and a good size, in the stables area. It was modern, comfortable and quiet. Bathroom is completely luxurious, separate shower room and one of those big lovely roll top baths. As it was Easter, we were given a complimentary chocolate Easter Egg which was a lovely touch (they have a chocolate room and a special check who just does chocolates). We ate at the Barn both nights and the food was delicious. The spa is wonderful, we both had treatments which were fabulous and the pool is great, lots of natural light coming in and beautiful decor. Child friendly pool with steps and it is not too deep. Drank at the bar also, which was nice. It is a five star and part of the Dorchester group, so it is expensive and we expected this. The drinks however are really very expensive, I am told that this is normal, but I was surprised and felt that they were overpriced and more expensive than what you would spend in London. Service was wonderful, all the staff were friendly, from check in, to the restaurant to room services. Took a long walk on the grounds which we thoroughly enjoyed. Cannot quite believe you are close to London and it is such a peaceful, rural place. It was a short stay, only two nights and there was more that we would have liked to do, such as the afternoon tea, a horse ride and a walk in Windsor Great Park, that will all be for the next trip!

Room Tip: Stable rooms were lovely. Ours was upstairs. Some of the ground floor rooms had glass doors on to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit to Coworth Park. I am delighted to read that both you and your husband enjoyed your Easter break with us. I am pleased you both had the opportunity to enjoy dining in The Barn, treatments in The Spa and drinks in The Bar during you stay. I am also pleased to see how much you appreciated the service from our team and I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back here again for afternoon tea and a horse ride around the grounds.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Stratfield Mortimer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Attended as a weekend away from the children. Cannot fault it. From the minute we arrived we were spoilt as the car was collected and unloaded. Service was superb as was the food and spa. Would definitely recommend 100% luxury and very decadent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your weekend away at Coworth Park and how much you enjoyed the experience. I am delighted you were able to enjoy our facilities including the spa and dining in restaurants and I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here. I look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here from 9-11th april 2014 for our first wedding anniversay. The place is gorgeous and has a resort like feel.

Arrival was smooth & efficient and they had our room ready at 12pm even though check in wasn't until 3pm. The room was perfect and we couldn't fault it, we had dinner at the restaurant coworth park on the fiest night which had a really quirky 'best of british' menu which we enjoyed. Breakfast was a pleasure with all of the staff being friendly and helpful.

We then came back to an 'anniversary' cake which the hotel prepared for us which was a lovely touch. We also enjoyed afternoon tea and a 50 minute massage at the very relaxing spa. It is very minimalistic but I think that adds to the relaxing feel.

We made good use of the golf buggies to get to the mansion house and spa to save our shoe leathers and all of the staff were amazing offering blankets to keep us warm etc. It was as though all of the staff are really happy in their jobs and it shows in how professional yet friendly they are.

An amazing touch was on the evening of our anniversary we chose to have a few drinks in the drawing room & the singer played our wedding song on the piano which was such a lovely reminder of our wedding the year before.

I really can not fault coworth park and reccommend it fully. I think the staff are a credit to the Dorchester group and if you are visiting this area you really should call in. What a perfect anniversay break that I will not forget.

Thank you Coworth park.

Room Tip: we had the stable block and was very secluded
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review of your recent experience at Coworth Park. I am pleased to read just how much you enjoyed your stay including how much you enjoyed dining in our restaurants and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our spa facilities. I am delighted you appreciated the wedding song from our pianist and I will be sure to share your kind comments with everyone here.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is brilliant, we stayed for 2 nights and had a excellent time.

The service is impeccable your are waited on hand and foot.

The food in both the restaurants is brilliant.

The Spa is beautiful and very calming, also great for children.

Room Tip: We had a room in the mansion block which I highly recommend.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Coworth Park. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the service and the overall experience, including dining in our restaurants and our spa facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back here in the not too distant future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We had a nice stay. The staff were great and the pool area is lovely. They lent us some bikes to cycle around Virgina Water which is a nice hours ride.

We were disappointed with our room in the stable because unless you kept your curtains closed you were on show for anyone walking past which is not great - I made it clear we weren't happy but they were very slow to get back on an upgrade / change of room so I felt guilty chasing and in the end gave up. If staying in the stables you eat in the Barn so you have nothing to do with the main house unless you eat in the main restaurant.

Anyway - the service was good and dinner in the barn was excellent. Breakfast was OK but not as good as somewhere like Clivedon which is made with outstanding ingredients.

We go to a fair few places like this. I'd go to Clivedon or Calcot Manor over this place - and I'd give the Stables on the ground floor a wide berth.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CitySlicker37
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to Coworth Park and I am sorry that you were disappointed with your room. I am aware that you requested an upgrade to a Mansion House room and regret that we were unable to offer this at the time of your stay. In addition, all our guests are welcome to dine in the Barn, Restaurant Coworth Park or the Drawing Room and I apologise if you were lead to understand otherwise. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service our team offered and the dinner in the Barn Restaurant. Rest assured I will share your comments regarding the breakfast with the Chef. Please do not hesitate to contact me when you plan your next visit and I would be happy to oversee all arrangements on your behalf

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from a short three night stay at the beautiful Coworth Park Hotel. The term ‘Hotel’ simply doesn’t convey our encounter. It should be called the “Coworth Park Experience”. As an American getting to experience the English countryside for the first time I was simply blown away. The grounds were beautiful even in the middle of winter. On our morning walks we were met by the strolling geese and inquisitive horses eager to say hello.

Our room in the stables was cute and cozy. One of my favorites was the large soaking tub in our room. I quickly looked forward to that each evening. Afternoon tea was quite the experience. The friendly staff, delicious pastries and complimentary champagne made the time unforgettable. Dinner at the Barn and in the restaurant were equally superb.

Although all the staff were amazing two staff in particular made an impression on me. A young man at the front desk was very polite and went the extra mile to ensure that I selected the best movie from the DVD selection. ;-) The second was a very pleasant woman at the door who no matter the time of day I passed through, her smile and cheerful attitude were positive and uplifting. It is staff like these that make the difference between and ordinary hotel and an extraordinary experience.

Thank you for all the wonderful memories. I can’t wait to return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your first stay at Coworth Park and how highly you valued the whole experience including walks around the grounds, your room and copper bath tub, the service from the team here and dining in The Barn and Restaurant Coworth Park. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you here again in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I've said it before (last year), but I will say it again, this place is wonderful!!
Grabbed one night at the very last minute and lucky for us they had a Superior Stable Room for us. The rooms are so sumptuous, peaceful and cosy that you never want to leave. Every last detail has been thought of, from the gorgeous bed, through to the luxury bathroom and rain shower.
The Spa once again came up trumps and I had the best deep tissue massage courtesy of Gemma, that I have had in a long time. The following morning, before we left, Sasha gave me a superb Reflexology treatment and after that I was "blissed out"!!!
I mustn't leave out dinner in The Barn. My steak was fab and the dessert historic!
All in all, Perfection!!!

• Stayed March 2014
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoy visiting Coworth Park and how much you appreciate the service and the atmosphere and décor. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed your massage from Gemma in the spa as well as your reflexology treatment from Sasha. I will share your kind review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you here in the not too distant future.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Great Fosters
#1 of 5 in Egham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,001 reviews
Macdonald Windsor Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!