“Hotel great, food and beverage need some fine tuning”

Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ascot
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent two nights in connecting deluxe Mansion house deluxe rooms with our children (9 and 8 years old).
The hotel service was exceptional, and the facilities are superb. The decor is stunning and the hotel is immaculate.
The kids barn and teen chill out zone is well staffed and our children enjoyed their time playing wii,x-box, air hockey, and doing arts and crafts. One important item to note; the barn is only open on weekends during the school year(unless it is a bank holiday or holiday week).
I would have given 5 stars, but we had several issues with the food service. The food quality was excellent, but we had problems with the service (incorrect food delivered, and very slow service).
To be fair, management went out of their way to comp our meal, when we did not even ask.
This is a great hotel with good proximity to Heathrow.
It is a perfect place for a long weekend or to break up a long journey.
We will return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to Coworth Park. It is my pleasure to read how much you and the family enjoyed the experience including the kids club and out other facilities. The Barn is open all year round so we hope to be able to welcome back to Coworth Park as a family again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here over the Easter Holiday as a treat for her birthday.

We were slightly aprehensive on arrival at the grand nature of the venue and thought that we might be a little out of our depth with regards to our social standing! These fears soon evaporated when we were greeted by a friendly, welcoming member of staff - a tone that was set for the rest of our stay.

Upon arrival to our room we were greeted by a delicious looking, complimentary easter egg that added a great touch to an already special occasion.

Despite the weather doing it's best to disrupt our stay, which in itself was a shame as the grounds are lovely and activites plentiful, an amazing time was had. We decided last minute to have afternoon tea in the Mansion and invite family friends - another fantastic experience.

The staff here really are unbelievably helpful and make you feel at ease and completely at home. As mentioned in the title it really was a wrench to leave; we will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

It is my pleasure to read how much you and your girlfriend enjoyed your Easter stay with us and how much you appreciated the service from our team here. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed afternoon tea in the drawing room and I will share your kind comments with everyone here and I hope to welcome you back here in the warmer weather so you can enjoy walking around the grounds and gardens.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We travelled as a family over the Easter weekend with children aged 8 & 5 and stayed in a mansion house junior suite.

The bell boys managing the arrivals were incredible. The area was well staffed at all times and as we pulled up we were warmly greeted; our luggage was whisked away; the car was valet parked and we were lead to reception. All very swift and efficient. We were off to a great start!

The room was luxurious, children's beds were ready, a complimentary bottle of champagne was offered on ice (unheard of - thank you), beautiful children's eggs hand crafted by the in-house chocolatier, robes and slippers for the children and a welcome letter (handwritten) by the kids club!

The hotel grounds are absolutely stunning and expansive. You could never tire of the views; the expanses of garden and the lovely spring flowers. The main house is beautifully designed, sumptuously furnished and provides ample bar and restaurant space.

What makes this hotel stand out above other 5* properties I've visited is the level of service. Absolutely everyone we encountered throughout our stay was welcoming, knowledgeable and without a doubt highly trained in their area of responsibility. Customer service was second to none. The management obviously do an incredible job of leading and managing their staff and making them feel part of something special.

Our children used the kid's club on a rainy afternoon and my son (8) was pleased that there was also options for older children (xbox, wii, air hockey etc). This isn't always the case and clubs can be more geared for younger children. Again all staff were well trained and welcoming!

The hotel set up a complimentary games room over Easter weekend with table tennis, board games, films and comp drinks/snacks. Wonderful idea thank you. Much appreciated when it rained!

in terms of dining we enjoyed a wonderful meal in the main restaurant and then ate with the children at The Barn on the second evening. Loved The Barn! Stunning building, wonderful views, tasty high quality ingredients and of course the fantastic service, we had come to expect!

If I were to suggest any improvements to the management they would be:

- Breakfast menu was lovely and quality was high. I do however think a Continental buffet is preferential in my opinion. I like to take just a little fruit or cereal, rather than order a full plate of something. I also think with young children it just makes breakfast time easier to manage, rather waiting for food to be served.

- The pool changing rooms are luxurious but very small and we found it quite a struggle to find space to change. The benches are tiny and you can barely place a bag down. We used the pool during the family times on the Saturday & Sunday and encountered the problem on both days. Lots of lockers but no standing space.

- We would have appreciated longer times to use the pool, as it was such a wet weekend. Perhaps when there are such a high volume of families in-house this could be adjusted or flexible?

Thank you for such a wonderful stay and we hope to return!

Room Tip: The junior suite in the main house was able to accommodate a family of four sufficiently. The only...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review of your recent family visit over the Easter weekend. I am delighted to read your kind feedback on your experience and how much you and all your family enjoyed the service from our team especially the hand crafted Easter egg for your children. I am also pleased to read that you were able to enjoy dining in our restaurants and time in the spa. I will be delighted to feedback your review to the kids club and everyone here and I will take on board your feedback for improvement. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you here on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Had a lovely two night break with my Husband. I booked directly with the hotel and had breakfast thrown in which was great. Our room was lovely and a good size, in the stables area. It was modern, comfortable and quiet. Bathroom is completely luxurious, separate shower room and one of those big lovely roll top baths. As it was Easter, we were given a complimentary chocolate Easter Egg which was a lovely touch (they have a chocolate room and a special check who just does chocolates). We ate at the Barn both nights and the food was delicious. The spa is wonderful, we both had treatments which were fabulous and the pool is great, lots of natural light coming in and beautiful decor. Child friendly pool with steps and it is not too deep. Drank at the bar also, which was nice. It is a five star and part of the Dorchester group, so it is expensive and we expected this. The drinks however are really very expensive, I am told that this is normal, but I was surprised and felt that they were overpriced and more expensive than what you would spend in London. Service was wonderful, all the staff were friendly, from check in, to the restaurant to room services. Took a long walk on the grounds which we thoroughly enjoyed. Cannot quite believe you are close to London and it is such a peaceful, rural place. It was a short stay, only two nights and there was more that we would have liked to do, such as the afternoon tea, a horse ride and a walk in Windsor Great Park, that will all be for the next trip!

Room Tip: Stable rooms were lovely. Ours was upstairs. Some of the ground floor rooms had glass doors on to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent visit to Coworth Park. I am delighted to read that both you and your husband enjoyed your Easter break with us. I am pleased you both had the opportunity to enjoy dining in The Barn, treatments in The Spa and drinks in The Bar during you stay. I am also pleased to see how much you appreciated the service from our team and I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back here again for afternoon tea and a horse ride around the grounds.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Attended as a weekend away from the children. Cannot fault it. From the minute we arrived we were spoilt as the car was collected and unloaded. Service was superb as was the food and spa. Would definitely recommend 100% luxury and very decadent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your weekend away at Coworth Park and how much you enjoyed the experience. I am delighted you were able to enjoy our facilities including the spa and dining in restaurants and I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here from 9-11th april 2014 for our first wedding anniversay. The place is gorgeous and has a resort like feel.

Arrival was smooth & efficient and they had our room ready at 12pm even though check in wasn't until 3pm. The room was perfect and we couldn't fault it, we had dinner at the restaurant coworth park on the fiest night which had a really quirky 'best of british' menu which we enjoyed. Breakfast was a pleasure with all of the staff being friendly and helpful.

We then came back to an 'anniversary' cake which the hotel prepared for us which was a lovely touch. We also enjoyed afternoon tea and a 50 minute massage at the very relaxing spa. It is very minimalistic but I think that adds to the relaxing feel.

We made good use of the golf buggies to get to the mansion house and spa to save our shoe leathers and all of the staff were amazing offering blankets to keep us warm etc. It was as though all of the staff are really happy in their jobs and it shows in how professional yet friendly they are.

An amazing touch was on the evening of our anniversary we chose to have a few drinks in the drawing room & the singer played our wedding song on the piano which was such a lovely reminder of our wedding the year before.

I really can not fault coworth park and reccommend it fully. I think the staff are a credit to the Dorchester group and if you are visiting this area you really should call in. What a perfect anniversay break that I will not forget.

Thank you Coworth park.

Room Tip: we had the stable block and was very secluded
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review of your recent experience at Coworth Park. I am pleased to read just how much you enjoyed your stay including how much you enjoyed dining in our restaurants and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our spa facilities. I am delighted you appreciated the wedding song from our pianist and I will be sure to share your kind comments with everyone here.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel is brilliant, we stayed for 2 nights and had a excellent time.

The service is impeccable your are waited on hand and foot.

The food in both the restaurants is brilliant.

The Spa is beautiful and very calming, also great for children.

Room Tip: We had a room in the mansion block which I highly recommend.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Coworth Park. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the service and the overall experience, including dining in our restaurants and our spa facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back here in the not too distant future.
Best regards, Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, Coworth Park, Dorchester Collection

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection? Share your experiences!