Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
US$151
Orbitz.com
Lyndricks House(Ascot)(Great Value!)
US$100
Royal Berkshire Hotel(Sunninghill)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$117
US$87
US$84
Stirrups Hotel(Bracknell)
US$119
US$116
Travelodge Bracknell Central(Bracknell)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Bracknell(Bracknell)
US$84
US$75
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe barnmain restaurantthe main housekids clubdrawing roomstable roomafternoon teahorse ridingjohn campbellfour seasonswild flowerscopper bathtasting menupure luxuryjunior suiteunderwater musicthe fine dining restaurant
Reviewed 1 May 2014

From the moment I booked to stay at Coworth Park to the very last moment we departed everything exceeded expectations. I decided to stay at Coworth Park because it is located a few minutes drive from Ascot Racecourse where we needed to be. We received a very warm welcome as we dashed in like a whirlwind to change our clothes to set off for the races. Reservations had very kindly arranged an early check-in. The room was beautiful and the bathroom stunning - everything was spotless, presentation perfect in every way, gorgeous bedding embroidered with an equestrian theme, fresh fruit, proper coffee - the management had even left a little birthday cake for me and a chocolate egg! Had a fantastic day at the races and our horse ran well - returned back to the hotel, sun still shining - cocktails on the terrace and a faultless supper in 'The Barn'. Slept so well, bed comfy, plenty of hot water. Breakfast really good - eggs benedict, freshly squeezed orange juice, warm Danish pastries - perfect. Every single member of staff we encountered from reception, restaurant, doorman, groundsman, stable staff exceptionally friendly, happy and helpful. The reception staff really were superb - nothing was too much trouble...they even arranged special delivery of Country Life magazine and a Racing post for us. I would not hesitate to highly recommend this hotel - we shall definitely return and the management should give themselves a huge pat on the back. Bravo! Thank you so much.
Susie Hartley

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room in the stables - quiet and really comfy
1  Thank princesslexi1
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your first visit to Coworth Park. I am delighted to read your kind comments and how highly you appreciated all aspects of your stay including the service from all the teams. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Coworth Park in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

An excellent place and a great 40th birthday treat for my wife however it was totally ruined by the inept front house taking two payments from my debit card (pre authotisation on arrival and also when we left) instead of one, then accusing my bank of making the error, informing me they had reversed the entry but it would take FIVE days to clear.

They eventually owned up and said that it was their error due to the fact that they thought I gave them a credit card instead of a debit card and thus pre authorisation should not have occured and that the total should have been taken on arrival.

Totally spoiled a great weekend because of this, its all very well having great customer service throughout the break but if they make errors on something like this then you have to question the overall training of the staff.

All we got from the COO was apology after apology, and this was after I had to chase them for a call (and not gesture of goodwill made either which I found totally unprofessional)and after I had to spend an hour in the bank getting the amount reversed which was shocking.

We were thinking of going back for my 40th but after this fiasco no way will I be returning to Cowarth Park......................

7  Thank Stef_G75
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent visit to Coworth Park. I was pleased to note that you thought our country house hotel was an excellent place to celebrate your wife’s 40th birthday. However, I would like to reiterate our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and embarrassment you encountered after you settled your account prior to leaving the hotel. I know that Martino has looked into this matter and I would like to thank you for having brought this matter to our attention. In addition I understand the bank has now rectified this mistake and I very much hope you will reconsider your position and return to Coworth Park in the not too distant future. With renewed apologies
Zoe Jenkins, General Manager, 45 Park Lane, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent two nights in connecting deluxe Mansion house deluxe rooms with our children (9 and 8 years old).
The hotel service was exceptional, and the facilities are superb. The decor is stunning and the hotel is immaculate.
The kids barn and teen chill out zone is well staffed and our children enjoyed their time playing wii,x-box, air hockey, and doing arts and crafts. One important item to note; the barn is only open on weekends during the school year(unless it is a bank holiday or holiday week).
I would have given 5 stars, but we had several issues with the food service. The food quality was excellent, but we had problems with the service (incorrect food delivered, and very slow service).
To be fair, management went out of their way to comp our meal, when we did not even ask.
This is a great hotel with good proximity to Heathrow.
It is a perfect place for a long weekend or to break up a long journey.
We will return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to Coworth Park. It is my pleasure to read how much you and the family enjoyed the experience including the kids club and out other facilities. The Barn is open all year round so we hope to be able to welcome back to Coworth Park as a family again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here over the Easter Holiday as a treat for her birthday.

We were slightly aprehensive on arrival at the grand nature of the venue and thought that we might be a little out of our depth with regards to our social standing! These fears soon evaporated when we were greeted by a friendly, welcoming member of staff - a tone that was set for the rest of our stay.

Upon arrival to our room we were greeted by a delicious looking, complimentary easter egg that added a great touch to an already special occasion.

Despite the weather doing it's best to disrupt our stay, which in itself was a shame as the grounds are lovely and activites plentiful, an amazing time was had. We decided last minute to have afternoon tea in the Mansion and invite family friends - another fantastic experience.

The staff here really are unbelievably helpful and make you feel at ease and completely at home. As mentioned in the title it really was a wrench to leave; we will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

It is my pleasure to read how much you and your girlfriend enjoyed your Easter stay with us and how much you appreciated the service from our team here. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed afternoon tea in the drawing room and I will share your kind comments with everyone here and I hope to welcome you back here in the warmer weather so you can enjoy walking around the grounds and gardens.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We travelled as a family over the Easter weekend with children aged 8 & 5 and stayed in a mansion house junior suite.

The bell boys managing the arrivals were incredible. The area was well staffed at all times and as we pulled up we were warmly greeted; our luggage was whisked away; the car was valet parked and we were lead to reception. All very swift and efficient. We were off to a great start!

The room was luxurious, children's beds were ready, a complimentary bottle of champagne was offered on ice (unheard of - thank you), beautiful children's eggs hand crafted by the in-house chocolatier, robes and slippers for the children and a welcome letter (handwritten) by the kids club!

The hotel grounds are absolutely stunning and expansive. You could never tire of the views; the expanses of garden and the lovely spring flowers. The main house is beautifully designed, sumptuously furnished and provides ample bar and restaurant space.

What makes this hotel stand out above other 5* properties I've visited is the level of service. Absolutely everyone we encountered throughout our stay was welcoming, knowledgeable and without a doubt highly trained in their area of responsibility. Customer service was second to none. The management obviously do an incredible job of leading and managing their staff and making them feel part of something special.

Our children used the kid's club on a rainy afternoon and my son (8) was pleased that there was also options for older children (xbox, wii, air hockey etc). This isn't always the case and clubs can be more geared for younger children. Again all staff were well trained and welcoming!

The hotel set up a complimentary games room over Easter weekend with table tennis, board games, films and comp drinks/snacks. Wonderful idea thank you. Much appreciated when it rained!

in terms of dining we enjoyed a wonderful meal in the main restaurant and then ate with the children at The Barn on the second evening. Loved The Barn! Stunning building, wonderful views, tasty high quality ingredients and of course the fantastic service, we had come to expect!

If I were to suggest any improvements to the management they would be:

- Breakfast menu was lovely and quality was high. I do however think a Continental buffet is preferential in my opinion. I like to take just a little fruit or cereal, rather than order a full plate of something. I also think with young children it just makes breakfast time easier to manage, rather waiting for food to be served.

- The pool changing rooms are luxurious but very small and we found it quite a struggle to find space to change. The benches are tiny and you can barely place a bag down. We used the pool during the family times on the Saturday & Sunday and encountered the problem on both days. Lots of lockers but no standing space.

- We would have appreciated longer times to use the pool, as it was such a wet weekend. Perhaps when there are such a high volume of families in-house this could be adjusted or flexible?

Thank you for such a wonderful stay and we hope to return!

Room Tip: The junior suite in the main house was able to accommodate a family of four sufficiently. The only issue without having a separate bedroom was that the children didn't go to sleep when we booked the babysitter, as there was a lamp on. Both children greeted us at 11pm wide awake and normally they are asleep by 8pm. If we were returning I would book a 1 x bedroomed suite or 2 interconnecting.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
CoworthPark, General Manager at Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a complimentary review of your recent family visit over the Easter weekend. I am delighted to read your kind feedback on your experience and how much you and all your family enjoyed the service from our team especially the hand crafted Easter egg for your children. I am also pleased to read that you were able to enjoy dining in our restaurants and time in the spa. I will be delighted to feedback your review to the kids club and everyone here and I will take on board your feedback for improvement. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you here on your next visit.