“Seen better days, JADED..”
Review of Brockenhurst

and 1 more site!
Brockenhurst
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ascot
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Seen better days, JADED..”
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this Hotel last night. As I had a business meeting in Farnborough. Hotel room was jaded, never seen so may air fresheners.

Hotel receptionist was friendly albeit she could have been more welcoming. The valence was ripped and you could here the other guests through the walls. Real shame as the hotel looks excellent from the outside. Could do with a renovation...

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MickeyC0970

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The twin room room was gaudy with wallpaper hanging off the wall. Duvet covers loked like they had seen better days and were not matching on the twin beds. Bathroom had only 1 bath towel for a twin room (we told them it was 2 single ladies travelling!).
Breakfast was basic to say the least and we had to ask for some coffe and toast and then was only given 1 slice of bread each.
Staff could do with smiling more, but I expect with all the mediocre reviews they are getting, I can understand why.
How about putting some effort in to modernise and renovate the place and remove those awful "do not do this" laminated signs stuck all over the bedroom and bathroom.
Did answer my booking email prompltly though. Not sure I would call £89pn a good reflection of value for money.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank JackieW1955
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed there for one night while on a business trip. The hotel is small, but very nice. You get more of a B&B feeling, the staff is very warm and kind. The room I stayed in was very nice, with a classic English furniture & design. The window looked out in a nice garden. The place is very quiet, one can hear the birds singing in the morning. You can get a very good sleep.

The bathroom accessories, like the hotel itself is not too new, suffering a bit from this, but there is nothing to complain about it.

Price is acceptable, overall a place I would definitely recommend and get back to if I will have the chance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We had a really pleasant stay here - we had booked through an online agency who had messed up our booking, so were really stuck and needing to get off to a wedding. The couple running it were so helpful first in trying to find if our booking had gone to another hotel and then in offering us their last room at a really competitive rate. It was clean and pleasant - I like the old country decor - feels homely. All the staff were lovely and friendly and chatting to them we found that we knew a lot of people in common - small world. All in all, very pleased and would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
worthing
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We came up for a family party so booked in for only one night. There was a race meeting at Ascot so finding a hotel was not that easy, so when I came accross the Brockenhurst at £100 for the night thought this looked good and not too expensive. However really wished I had read some of the reviews before booking. This hotel is one of the worst I`ve ever have stayed in. We were given room number 10 in the attic. It was small, very old fashioned and had an odd aroma. There was mould in the bathroom, holes in the tiles where the shower had been moved and the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have every slept in. Having paid an extra £19.00 for two cooked breakfasts, I spoke with reception about our room and the best they could do was to offer an £11.00 discount (the rate had there not been a race meeting). She did say she would take note of the points I have raised but the fact is they are not maintaining the hotel, everywhere needs a coat of paint and until they spend some serious money then don`t waste your time and money, a Travelodge would be better and cheaper!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank fraserstewart

Travellers are raving about these Ascot hotels

Aldridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

After our stay at this lovely hotel I can not believe the reviews that people have left. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in lots of 5* all the same hotels and never gave us the service and individual attention to detail as here. Yes the rooms are small but very clean and show true english old fashioned taste due to it being a traditional old house.The breakfast was fine and well presented. So Mr Ipod go back to the auction and sleep in your car !!!! and well done for a nice stay x

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Guildford
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This is an expensive area so we were pleasantly surprised to find the Brokenhurst Hotel. We stayed one night with ensuite provided and breakfast at a very reasonable rate. Added to that the atmosphere was friendly and the garden was nice and peaceful (lovely weather).
Ample parking. Convenient for all activities around Ascot and Windsor etc.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Hilton Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
#6 of 7 in Bracknell

Been to Brockenhurst? Share your experiences!