“DO NOT STAY AT THIS "HOTEL"!!!”
Review of Brockenhurst

and 1 more site!
Brockenhurst
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ascot
“DO NOT STAY AT THIS "HOTEL"!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I was in the Surrey area collecting a car, and was attending a car auction in backwater. I couldn't get a room anywhere close to where I was so I searched google on my iPhone and this "place" was reasonably close - and cheap.
As I drove to the hotel I realised pretty quickly it was in a nice area, unfortunately that's where the compliments end.
As I walked in I was met by a "hotel" that could have been furnished by the cast offs from the tv show "cash in the attic", pure cheap rubbish that honestly dated from the 70's.
I was too tired to look for anywhere else so I checked in and went to my room. It was horrific. The windows wouldn't close, ensuite was so small and dingy you would have got stuck if you tried to turn around, the room smelt like it looked - 40 years old. In the hallway outside my room lay used towels, it just looked and felt disgusting.
I logged onto the hotel wifi and checked in somewhere else sacrificing my payment.
This place is to be avoided at all costs!

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank Trottz78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed in September for 3 days when collecting a car from the Ascot area. I was looking for a clean, basic accommodation at a reasonable price and that's what I received. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room is basic but functional and clean. You get a basic breakfast included or can purchase a hot beakfast at a reasonable price. The bar is a great place to catch up with fellow travellers and locals alike and Jenny and her staff look after you very well. I'll be back next time i am in Ascot.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank GB2005
Oxford
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel last week and contrary to the previous comments I felt this was a wonderful friendly hotel above its 2 star rating. The room we were in was traditionally furnished with a whirlpool bath, a huge bed and flat screen tv. I would recommend this hotel for its friendliness and lively bar. I was here on business, but would come back at a weekend. The gardens are lovely to sit out in for a drink in the evening, if the weather is on your side of course!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed overnight and the place needs a total refit as still in 70s.

Staff seemed totally uninterested in guests.

Bed Spreads nead to be heat washed but they would probably fall to bits.

I think as soon as the money has cleared they couldnt give a stuff. The piccies on web site really do not show how old and unhappy this place is.

Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank muchbeer

Travellers are raving about these Ascot hotels

Surrey
Reviewed 25 July 2010

How this place can be called a Hotel is beyond me... it is a glorified B&B.. its dated, tatty and the level of service is very slow.. there is never enough staff working at one time.

The Manager was non commital and vacant... The food was ok but not great.

Using this Hotel was a big mistake.. if you are going to go please visit first. However it will be a wasted journey.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank SurreyKingrat
UK
Reviewed 10 December 2008

I have stayed at the hotel on several occassions. This is a typical family run hotel and so you get a very warm welcome. The service is personal unlike bigger hotel chains. Some of the rooms and the reception have been recently renovated and are now lovely and bright.

In the bar you are always made welcome. There are quite a few locals who when they find your are on your own in the hotel will sit and chat. I'm used to staying in large chain hotels where if you are on your own in the bar nobody bothers to talk to you.

If you want to eat out the staff will recommend some very good reasonable restaurants.

Added advantage is the free internet.

I would recommend this hotel to people who are on there own and like to relax in the evening in a friendly environment.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Guildford
Reviewed 17 October 2008

Having stayed at the hotel some years ago I decided to hold my wife’s 60th birthday party here. It was one of the most memorable and successful evenings ever organised.

There were 55 guests and the large marquee was used for the sit down dinner. The food was excellent and there was a carvery which also included poached salmon. There was ample for everyone. The service was great and the cost per head worked out really well.

The newly refurbished bar to the right of the entrance was ideal for our private party as it did not interfere with other residents using the other bar. In addition, about 5 couples decided to stay the night and they all had an enjoyable stay.

My comments relating to the last time I stayed are as follows:

The entrance is more small country house style and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. The decorations and furniture were very homely.

I loved the garden which was large and spacious, more in keeping with a genuine country hotel.
The evening meal was excellent - there is a serious chef in the kitchen.

The bedroom had a cottagy feel about it but everything worked and was clean and tidy.

It was so nice to stay at a comfortable small Hotel yet so near to Ascot and the hustle and bustle of outer London.

I shall be staying next year.

• Liked — Friendly and homely
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ascot
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
Coworth Park - Dorchester Collection
Hilton Bracknell
Hilton Bracknell
#6 of 7 in Bracknell

Been to Brockenhurst? Share your experiences!