“Family Day Fun”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Family Day Fun”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have now attended half a dozen 'Family Days' at Ascot racecourse. With entry around the 12-20 pounds mark for adults and a 'kids go free', these days are exceptional value. The attractions put on including climbing walls, Mother's Day pot planting etc are all well done and free to use. Combine this with obvious race going entertainment and you have an excellent day out.

Visited March 2014

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Having been to ascot for a number of years, always around the same time of year, I was very disappointed with this year!
We purchased premium tickets which normally allows you to enjoy your day in an area on the finish line, no change there... But unlike every other year we were unable to enjoy a drink whilst watching the racing... We enter the area with a drink in time to watch the first race but on returning with another alcoholic drink were turned away! My party & I don't drink to excess & behave in the appropriate manner at the races so couldn't understand why....
No explanation was give & we had to join the masses in the cheaper area... Waste of money to upgrade & am seriously thinking of trying a different course next time!!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Choose another sporting event, or watch it on TV!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I know, very harsh title, but having returned from Ascot, and having paid for a Premier Enclosure ticket, I was unable to have a glass of wine and watch the racing. Apparently the rules changed at 1000 on the morning I attended, so after a champagne picnic, I was reduced to watching the racing on the big screen out the back. Utterly appalled that every other enclosure, can have a drink and watch the racing, but not the Premier Enclosure - now don't get me wrong, I can go without a drink - but on such a fabulous day out, this change of policy by Ascot staff was very disappointing. Still I am off to watch England at the Rugby soon - let's hope they are still serving alcohol!!

Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“amazing experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

we visited Ascot for King George Friday racing with clients, this was the best hospitality we have ever experienced , the food, the service.
if you can choose a private box on the platinum package you wont be disappointed
will return very soon

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't buy a Premier Enclosure ticket!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've always loved Ascot and really looked forwards to our anual visit, champagne pic nic in the car park, a bit of a gamble and watching the racing from the Premier enclosure whilst having a drink - always been well worth the additional cost of the Premier ticket given the view, facilities and more comfortable surroundings. This year though I'm afraid Ascot changed the rules and we were unable to buy a drink come back onto the grass in the Premier enclosure and watch the races, you could watch anywhere else including the terrace in the grand stand with a drink but not in the Premier enclose - we had paid more money for less facilities. With lenghty queues at the bar, we were unable to queue up, get a drink and drink it to return to watch the racing live form the terrace. The queues have been long in previous years but not a problem as we've been able to return to the terrace in time for the racing to drink our drink. What a shame, a lovely day but be warned, don't buy a premier enclose ticket if you want to stand on the terrace and enjoy you drink.

2 Thank SAP19