“Dubai sherger cup ”
Review of Ascot Racecourse

Ascot Racecourse
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Ascot
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit to the Dubai sherger cup and may now be our last. Once again horse racing was brilliant loved the atmosphere as usual. Let's get to the concert previous years the bands playing have been fab but this year was bloody awful. We knew the line up before booking but thought as it was our yearly visit we would still give it ago. We couldn't get anywhere near the front so were stuck at the back couldn't hear or see anything and what we could hear music was crap. The only good thing was vernon kay.

Now to the serious bit myself and the friends I went with are nurses a girl had collapsed next to us so we put her in the recovery position. Took five minutes for St. John's ambulance to arrive and they didn't have a bloody clue it was SHOCKING her pulse was slow and she was unconscious. She needed a ambulance. We kept on saying that and considering their was four of them they just stood round. One of the women didn't know how to check a pulse and kept putting the girls chin down and closing the airway. This girl according to her family had a history of epilepsy and had never been unconscious for this long but they still stood around. Myself and my friends stressed again an ambulance was needed twenty minutes of faffing around and one finally arrived. If this had been a heart attack or stroke I dread to think of the outcome.

A venue of this size should surely have procedures in place fir this kind of thing.

As for johns ambulance I suggest all of there staff go and get retrained as it was a joke watching them pretend they had a clue.
The girls family were so grateful for our help but by that point it had dampened the day so we left.

Ascot to me has always been something I have looked forward too but if the line up next year is as crap as it was this year I won't bother I will be finding another racecourse to spend my hard earned cash.

1  Thank danie2101
"bucket list"
"family days"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Always love a day out to the races here.
There is a great selection of food and drink, although overpriced. A pint of lager cost £4.80 and a medium glass of house rose £5. Although each person can take a bottle of wine/sparkling wine in the grandstand section as long as you have a picnic.

I recommend booking tickets in advanced and get them posted to you, as the que for collecting tickets was really long.

Would deffiantely visit again

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Went hear with 6 friends in July for a Saturday race meeting, upon arrival the first thing I thought was how big the main stand is. Upon entrance into the main bar area of the racecourse, you could tell why Ascot is so popular with wealthy people and why it is regarded as the Wembley of Horse Racing, fantastic eateries, lovely décor and a lot of very smart gentleman and ladies. The area we were in had a fantastic view of the racing action & the scenary on the course is superb.

Will definitely be returning, with my partner next time so hopefully it will be just as good

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have now attended half a dozen 'Family Days' at Ascot racecourse. With entry around the 12-20 pounds mark for adults and a 'kids go free', these days are exceptional value. The attractions put on including climbing walls, Mother's Day pot planting etc are all well done and free to use. Combine this with obvious race going entertainment and you have an excellent day out.