Lets be honest, if you have preconceived expectations about what a 3 star Hotel in Sunningdale is going to be like your probably going to be disappointed. We stayed for two nights as part of a trip to the racing at Ascot (£10 Taxi ride away) and having read the reviews here went with an open and somewhat nervous mind. We came away having really enjoyed our stay and unable to fault our experience.
Sunningdale Park is still the National School of Government. I'm guessing that De Vere run it under contract from the Civil Service and use the undoubted spare capacity to provide hotel accomodation on a commercial basis. Accommodation is in modern blocks named after famous civil servants. Our room was in Chaucer which is probably the block furthest from reception, a five minute walk. We were on the second floor and although it didn't bother us there was no lift. The room was clean and smart with a nice bathroom.and we found it very quiet also a bit on the warm side but we could always open the window.
We had pre paid for bed and breakfast but without a car (We traveled by Train/Taxi) we were limited to eating at the hotel. The restaurant was the other side of the site and was a pleasant stroll through the grounds which was more like a school nature walk! The food and service were nothing short of excellent, served buffet style there was a good choice in pleasant surroundings and at £18.50 for three courses good value too. Breakfast was also excellent and your own pot of tea or coffee rather than a trip to the machine was much appreciated. I should also mention the omelette cooked to order option at breakfast, very good!
We really enjoyed our stay at Sunningdale Park. The staff were always very helpful, great customer service, good accommodation and great food. No complaints here but I can see how people could be disappointed and would ask De Vere to be honest about Sunningdale Park and highlight its good points but also explain to potential customers what it really is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunningdale Park in Ascot is a modern hotel that offers bedroom accommodation in over 65 acres of landscaped gardens and natural woodland. The hotel offers stylish bedrooms, free Wi-Fi, free parking and a take-away breakfast box only. A gym is also available. Easily accessible from several major motorways including the M3, M4, and M25 and just 30 minutes from Heathrow, the hotel is well-placed for business traveller stays during the week. An easy reach to London and close proximity to some great local attractions including Ascot Racecourse, LEGOLAND and the majestic town of Windsor, the hotel is also a convenient and cost-effective base for weekend breaks to the area. Please note there is no restaurant or bar at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunningdale Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunningdale Park Ascot, Berkshire
- Sunningdale Park Hotel Ascot