Sunningdale Park
Highclere Hotel(Ascot)(Great Value!)
US$101
Royal Berkshire Hotel(Sunninghill)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
US$190
US$159
Agoda.com
US$119
Hotels.com
Travelodge Bracknell Central(Bracknell)(Great Value!)
US$68
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Bagshot Hotel(Bagshot)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$96
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
1,028 results
All reviewsnorthcote houseascot raceslovely groundswedding venueroyal ascottea and coffeeshort stayandersonracecourselegolandheathrow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here recently and moved out after 2nights to stay in the nearby Travel Lodge, Bracknell.
On arrival I struggled with my case, suit carrier and bag to the reception. After registering I was re-directed back out of the hotel and told to drive off the site back to the public road and re-enter the site via a different gate. I was given a key fob and told that it would allow me access into the other car park and also into the 'block' where I would stay, block 6. I followed the instructions and on arriving at block 6,I looked at my key fob and realised that it did not have a visible room number. I was now in a building which resembled a students halls of residence, with several doors all looking the same but not knowing which one was mine. I had the foresight to get a hotel business card on arrival and called the reception from my mobile as there were no phones on the corridors, it rang out and then rang off. After 10 minutes and several attempts as I was about to drive back to the reception I noticed a member of staff delivering food to a room and asked him to assist. He apologised profusely and called the reception and complained that I had not been given the room number on a bit of paper. Once into my room, the relief was short lived as it was tired and uninviting. There were two very basic bedside tables, scratched, dry and badly stained. The headboard matched them in its condition.
I did get a good night sleep, however in the morning I needed to either walk for approx 10-15 minutes to reach the restaurant across the site or as I have MS (although not disabled) I chose to drive, the route was undulating and it was raining, however I was unable to park as there were only 2 parking bays and both were for the disabled and in use anyway. I drove back to stalag 6, parked the car finally reaching the restaurant soaking wet and exhausted. I decide after 2 days to leave and I checked into a Travel Lodge which was excellent in every aspect. On checking out of the Sunningdale Park I was asked about my stay and I was honest, the receptionist assured me that the manager would contact me later that day to discuss my stay. It is 10 days now since I left and its 10 days that I have not heard from him. If you are the manager and reading this, don't bother, that ship has sailed! This hotel lives off its title and postcode, once inside it soon becomes clear that is has had its day, and could learn a lesson in staff engagement from Travel Lodge.

Room Tip: this hotel has cheap rooms, not rooms that are cheap!
1  Thank frances b
KyranBradley, General Manager at Sunningdale Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Hello Francesb

Thank you for submitting your personal feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your visit to Sunningdale Park and your comments are noted.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This is my second night at this hotel stayed the 2nd night after being promised a better room. My first room was very very small I could not believe it when I walked in you could just about walk round the bed. After being in my room 30 minutes I noticed the shower dripping so called down and they sent a guy up to have a look. After some messing around I was told it could not be fixed as they need to turn off the water and could not do this at night. So a night of dripping but it did not stop there…..

The walls are so thin you can hear everything in the room next to you the worst night’s sleep ever not what I would call a Devere Venue.

2nd room was a lot bigger but main light did not work light over the shower was falling out the celling patchy paint work a very dated tv that you could not watch due to the bad picture.
If you are looking for a rundown hotel this is the hotel for you it makes a travel lodge seem like 7* hotel.

Would I stay here again never and if I was not going to lose the money I paid I would check out and go else were

2  Thank Stuart C

Hello StuartC

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Single rooms appear to be quite small but they are well furnished and clean, so represent reasonable value, providing you can get a discounted deal. At full price there are better choices available. The coffee machine on arrival in reception, is very welcome after a long day !

2  Thank Mike_the_plumb

Hello Mike_the_plumb

Thank you so much for submitting your candid feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Sunningdale Park Venue and your comments are noted. The team and I are pleased, that overall you enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our room was very nice & on the first floor of Anderson block but the layout of the hotel is slightly strange with a utilitarian feel - blocks of accommodation arranged over a fairly large area and it has the sense of a place used on a regular basis for conferences etc - often the case with De Vere hotels. We had chocolates, water & fruit waiting for us in the room & I think our room was bigger than standard with a small seating area in front of the tv.

The restaurant is in a separate block which was a few minutes walk away. We stayed from 28 to 30 December so had to get wrapped up warmly to go for meals. On the plus side the weather was bright but chilly which made it great for walks around the lovely grounds but I wouldn't have been so happy with the walk to the restaurant in heavy rain even though the reception area has plenty of brollies you can borrow. The mansion on the site is very pretty with gorgeous views from its terrace area. I suspect it's very popular with wedding parties.

Disappointingly the beauty spa had closed only the previous week although they still had a display area in reception - I should have checked but thought as it was likely to be a fairly quiet time I'd have no difficulty getting an appointment for a bit of pampering and the spa was still listed on the hotel website.
There's not much in walking distance of the hotel as it's in a (very smart) residential area apart from a few shops at the bottom of the hill. We ate all meals in the hotel. Breakfasts were fairly good and the food was fine otherwise - mostly buffet though - but the provision for vegetarians tended towards stodgy & uninspired - baked pasta or veggie burger in the bar. I had a main course salad at lunchtime but it was literally just a huge bowl of lettuce & some grated parmesan with dressing. Some roast veggies or even avocado would have cheered it up a bit. Service over lunchtimes in the bar area was pleasant but not particularly efficient with long waits for some of our party's food to arrive whilst others had practically finished.

If you get a good deal & have reason to visit this area, it's worth a try.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We have stayed in many de vere hotels over the years, this hotel had the smallest room and no bath.....it was "not bad" glad we only paid £10 each in the sale.......try latimer place, it is great there!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul G
KyranBradley, General Manager at Sunningdale Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hi Paul G

Thank you for submitting your personal feedback to Trip Advisor regarding your visit to Sunningdale Park.

Part of the De Vere Group