“Very nice B&B - Will be recommending to friends.”

The Lawn Guest House
Ranked #7 of 21 Maidenhead B&B and Inns
Mainland, United Kingdom
“Very nice B&B - Will be recommending to friends.”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed here for a couple of weeks whiles waiting to move into nearby accomadation. I had orginally only booked it because it was the cheapest accomadaion I could find in the area. I was pleasantly suprised when I checked in. The owners were extrmemely helpful and friendly; my room was kept clean and they went out of their way to accomadate my extra luggage and bike. This B&B made my move to Maidenhead very smooth, and I'll be recommending it to friends when they are over.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Definitely agree with the cheap and cheerful as previously, but when it's just somewhere to sleep after busy days you don't need much else. The room was much bigger than other B&Bs I have stayed in, including a nice roomy bathroom with dressing table for getting ready. The rooms were clean.

I don't know what the previous reviewer's problem with breakfast was. We stayed Weds - Sun and on the Sat morning when it was a bit busier we had to sit at a used table but settings were changed as needed and the waitress was apologetic. Breakfast wasn't 5* but you're not paying 5* breakfast. It was a perfectly good breakfast though and both the waitress and Phil were always asking if you wanted more. On the Sunday morning when we were leaving early Phil was happy to let us in early for some breakfast, and was very nice about it.

We stayed in Maidenhead as we were doing various trips in the area and was fairly central to all of them. The B&B was about a 5-10 min walk from the train station. We went to a gig in London and the ticket was £13.50 including travel within London. It was also well located for getting onto the M4 and M40. We also used the train to get to Henley and Marlow which was convenient.

For the places we were going to see this was a well located and one of the cheapest places I could find to stay. I picked it as the reviews were ok and I'm glad I did. I would definitely go back.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank groovykikko
uk
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This is a cheap and cheerful ish b&b - its very basic and our room was large but very plain old fashioned decor ) peeling woodchip wall paper).
It has a certain charm for the price but coming down to breakfast I was shocked when every place setting had crumbs and debris from previous clients and as I said to the waiter " where can we sit, I think they are all used" he said " Oh we dont change the place settings just because someone has eaten here" He said nothing when I pointed out the crumbs, coffe stains etc....No matter how cheap and cheerful people want to be, I thought it atroucious that i had to eat in someone elses mess. The breakfast was the absolute cheap of the cheap too, and barely edible. We only stayed here as an emergency one night when we had a problem with our house.
I wouldnt not recomend it, the owner/host was lolvey and gracious older lady but she did admit the place was too big for her.
If you want somewhere cheap, close to the station, in a nice area, it would be ok. The room was clean but for the breakfast I have to give cleanliness a 1 !!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
LawnsguestHouse, Manager at The Lawn Guest House, responded to this review, 10 July 2011
We thank all guests for taking the time to script a review.
At The Lawns Guest House, all reviews are acted upon in a positive and constructive manner.
Where standards have not met customer expectations, improvements are undertaken to ensure our offering is of the appropriate level.
Where Guests have stated that we have excelled, this advice is used as a template for moving forward.
Reviews of all types are important to us, because it enables us to ensure a process of continuous improvement is established.
This strategy will ensure that all Guests, both new and repeat customers, experience a pleasant stay with us.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I don't normally write reviews, however on this occasion I felt complelled to write something as this B&B has is something to write about. On arrival at heathrow we were met by a charming cultured Man by the name of Phil who picked us up in a Rolls Royce. What a grand start to our arrival back in the UK after our holiday. The property look charming as we arrived and Mr P made us feel very welcome by providing a snack of sandwiches and a cup of tea as we were sligtly peckish. The little extra's go a long way. The B&B was clean, tidy and homely and a cot was provided for our son. After a good night sleep we were welcomed by Mr P and his mother who cooked the best english breakfast in the whole of the UK what a lovely woman. " Glad to be home again. This was a little gem and the personal touches really added value to our stay, will stay here again and again. Thanks again Mr P from J,M and baby J.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 11 March 2010

i found my stay at this charming guest home impecable. i was a real pleasure to stay, with warm and friendly staff. the rooms were always kept immaculate and i was very impressed with the standard of living conditions. in the future i would be sure to book at this bed and breaksfast again as it is one of the best i have come across in the past few years. i would recommend it to everyone, including single travelers and families.

• Liked — friendly staff and immaculate rooms
  • Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank rmewers
U.K
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Situated in a quiet area of Maidenhead, this guest house is offers immaculate rooms, good service and a delicious breakfast. I shall definitely return - a real home from home.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo